Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much is too much . . .

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

how much is too much to spend on baby items that they will just grow out of anyways>?

ie : swings, bouncers, etc. ? ?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
millinco
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM

That depends greatly on your income IMO.  Some ppl can maybe afford to spend hundreds or thousands on that stuff, but most probably shouldn't spend that much.  Everyone has different priorities, though, so it's really a very personal thing. 

CafeMom Tickers
NordicAngel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I guess it depends on how much money you have.  I'm saving my $ for my unpaid FMLA so most of the baby items I've bought this pregnancy have come off craigslist or consignment.  I've bought some new outfits cuz I just couldn't resist but I don't think I've gone overboard.

luvmylife5
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM

If you dont have alot of money I would suggest craigslist or Ebay!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

All depends on how much you would use them.

Heather2001
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM

For me, I found that I spent a little more because I planned on using the items for multiple kids.  My daughter used them and the new baby will be using them in a month or so.  I did cheap out on our bouncer, though, and my daughter trashed it because she outgrew it so fast, so now I'm going to have to buy another one.  Would have been better off to spend more to begin with, lol.

eBay and Craigslist can be great, though!  You can get really nice/expensive stuff for cheap!

MelzyD
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I agree wit the above posters....your income and lifestyle have a lot to do with it.  There are items that we have spent quite a bit of money on, but we have tried for items that will grow with the baby. (Ex:  a crib that will transform into a toddler bed and then full size bed, A car seat that will last newborn through 65lbs, and a high chair that will turn into a booster seat.  DH is making a bassinet/cradle, so that will be passed down to family.)  The only big ticket items that I was not comfortable with were a swing that MIL bought as a shower gift and a travel system that will last up to 35/40lbs.  We have 2 carseats for both DH and I to have one or to use when someone ese is transporting baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)