Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 weeks or less till i become a mom of 3 ! any advice?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

any advice for me b4 i head down the road of 3 kids under tha ge of 4! drs appointment tomorow to tell me hopefully some good news! 37 weeks tomorow. being induced at 39 weeks since Emmas measuring about a week n a half ahead! shes already 7 lb + !! DH is still leavin to go to Afghanistan as soon as i have her sooo either the 15of june or the 2nd of july. depending on when i actaully have her!

any advice for a mommy??

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrsnowak1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I would say try to prepare for your baby as much as you can ahead of time.  i would suggest that you make meals ahead of time.  I know when I had my third it was harder to go from two to three, than 1 to 2. 

I am in the same boat as you my husband is leaving for Iraq either weeks before the baby is born or 10 days after it is born.  It is our first child together.

I wish you lots of luck and hopefully you have some help with these early weeks.  My mom is coming to stay with me if hubby leaves early.

gregory2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I'm going to give you a bump! I am wondering the same. I have a 3 yr old and 1 yr old at home and #3 will be here early July. My hubby works out of town for 2 wks on and a wkend off. He is taking off just a wk after this lil girl is born then he will be gone again! i'm a little nervous. My my said it was easier going from 2 to 3 than 1 to 2 for her..... I'll guess we'll just see. I get so nervous about everyone not getting enough one on one time :( anywho heres a bump wish I had advice, but I'm right with you!

shapley
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Quoting gregory2:

I'm going to give you a bump! I am wondering the same. I have a 3 yr old and 1 yr old at home and #3 will be here early July. My hubby works out of town for 2 wks on and a wkend off. He is taking off just a wk after this lil girl is born then he will be gone again! i'm a little nervous. My my said it was easier going from 2 to 3 than 1 to 2 for her..... I'll guess we'll just see. I get so nervous about everyone not getting enough one on one time :( anywho heres a bump wish I had advice, but I'm right with you!

It was easier to go from 2-3!! just make sure you have alot of support and help that you need!!

mamaraylene
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Make meals ahead and freeze them...that way all you have to do it heat them up when it's dinner time. Even if it's small things, try to let your other children help out with other things around the house..maybe even try with the baby: bring you diapers and wipes, help wash when needs a bath, bring towels...you know, small things that let them know they are helping. Small things make them feel better and let them know that you still care and at the same time, you are still able to attend to what needs to be taken care of. For the first little while, just concentrate on the kids and the main things in the house and don't stress about things that doesn't get done immediately...it will be there when you're able to do it...the kids come first. Good Luck and Congrats Momma!!!

tashangel31
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM

GOOD LUCK...lol for us adding the 3rd was harder than the 2nd... but i do hear adding the 4th isnt so bad...lol thats where we are adding the 4th

orange4agua72
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM

YEPPERS!!! To me the 3rd was the hardest! The 4th was NOTHING and so I'm hoping the 5th is the same.

Quoting tashangel31:

GOOD LUCK...lol for us adding the 3rd was harder than the 2nd... but i do hear adding the 4th isnt so bad...lol thats where we are adding the 4th

And to OP: Just KNOW that EVERYDAY will NOt be easy, but at the end of each day know you did your best (whether the laundry or dishes or anything got done)! You were a GREAT mama!!! GL!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Logansmommy1228
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I am in the same boat. I have a 2 and 3 year old at home right now and I have another coming beginning of july and I am freaking out. I have heard that its really hard to go from 2 to 3. I had a really really hard time going from 1 to 2 because my daughter had acid reflux so bad and she cried 24/7 while my son was only 15 months old at the time. I also had my husband around more often when my second was born. This time around my husband is going to police academy and he cant miss any time so he will only be around after school. I am terrified. So after you have your baby you will have to let me know so I will have a little more insite :)

curveymama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM
I'm also going from 2 to 3 I hope its not as hard as some of you are saying lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittin002002
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Good Luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)