• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hating the "ur so tiny!" comments!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok, so u'd think I wouldn't be complaining about this, but it is really starting to get to me this pregnancy. It is starting to drive me crazy, that almost EVERYONE that asks how far along I am follows with the "Oh you're soooo tiny!" comment. It has been such a struggle to gain weight and even just eat this pregnancy. It has been a stressor just trying so hard, which makes it even harder on me to gain. So when people say that, it totally just rubs it in and adds even more stress to it. I want to say, "yah, it's been an insanely difficult pregnancy as far as weight gain/appetite goes", but I have to just grin and say thanks.  I know they mean well and are thinking that's a compliment somehow, but it's really starting to drive me absolutely crazy!

What's being said to you to drive you crazy or emotional or stressed?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shapley
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM

BUMP!

MrsNewman
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM

People say it to me to. I just say "yeah, im having trouble gaining weight this time"

Not a big deal. Im sorry that you hurts your feelings, but I think most people think thats what we want to hear. LoL

MommyRJ
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM

i wish someone would say that....instead i get the OMG YOUR HUGE! and i feel like a big flippin mamouth. not cool.

kisha89
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:42 PM

i get those comments alot too. doesnt really bother me. im a tiny person so of course im not gonna be HUGE lol but weight wise im right on so i just explain to them that my baby is living in my back too lol!!

millinco
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Quoting MommyRJ:

i wish someone would say that....instead i get the OMG YOUR HUGE! and i feel like a big flippin mamouth. not cool.

CafeMom Tickers
fallenfey22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I'm so sick of hearing "is that baby ready yet?" If he was ready he'd be here...yes I'm huge...thanks for the reminder.

meghs822
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM

i threatened to belly bump someone across the room if they said that again with my last pregnancy... she said it every week! some people just dont get big! when i delivered at 38ish weeks last time i looked how most look at 5-6 months pregnant! we cant help it!

cowgirlmidwife
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I feel for you! My hubbys mom says the same thing to me...YOUR SO SMALL...But really she doesn't understand that my belly fits my bone structure! My doctor tells me if I were to be big enough to make her happy I would prob break my back.

But my biggest pet peeve is when she goes over board buying her house all this baby stuff...My husband just started his job and money is really tight so we cant go out and blow it like she does. AND SHE RUBS IT IN MY FACE! She sends me pixs of the stuff she has got saying "Isnt it cute!" and I just smile cause I dont want to be rude... What really annoys me is when she uses our poverty to get free baby stuff... once again... for her house!... sorry im just soo annoyed right now.

momamouse07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM

it bugs me to because i can tell i have a baby belly. Granted it might not be nearly as big as it was at this time when i was pregnant with my boys, but you can tell im pregnant. My mother in law keeps saying "wel you cant even tell your pregnant" (not insultingly just stating her opinion.) I know shes trying to be nice but its like was i chubbier than i realized before i got pregnant? lol And i feel SO big and she feels so heavy it just bothers me sometimes. But anymore i just say thanks and go on. i only gained 10lbs at hte beginning but have lost that nad more. I actually weigh less then when i got pregnant. but the dr says the babys growing fine so i guess  im just gonna have to get used to it. but yeah, ur not alone.

arone
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

what are u eating?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)