Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many weeks along do you have to be before you're out of the woods for an ectopic pregnancy?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM
  • 19 Replies

Anyone know?  If you've had one, how many weeks along were you when you found out?

Lilypie - (WC39)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM

i think you know immediately?

AidenJaice12708
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM

BUMP!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I don't know, but here is a bump.

MommaBoop922
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Usually you will know by the first ultrasound or some people don't realize until it has started to affect their fallopian tubes... Some people hope and wait for the egg to "drop" but it usually doesn't happen and even if it does its very rare that the pregnancy is normal/viable... I found out at about 8 weeks because I was in pain and started spotting light pink when I went to the bathroom and I had to get a methotrexate shot to ensure nothing kept growing and I could risk losing a fallopian tube.  Sadly, I don't think you are ever out of the woods but I guess you never know... If its ectopic usually its ectopic not like a miscarriage where there is a time frame to be t a lower risk... Hope that helps...

jdhshamoo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I think I have heard of someone not knowing about an eptopic until around 5 months. I could be wrong though.

Brittany.Dann
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:14 PM

bump

TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM

you find out pretty quickly in most cases.  within a couple of weeks.  however when i MC i was at 12 weeks (baby size was only 7 weeks and yes we're POSITIVE about the conception date.)   they at first thought it might be ectopic.  i knew it wasnt, but i guess its possible to not know until that far along. 

CTRedSoxMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM

By 5 months the fallopian tube would have burst, and they would be dead.

Quoting jdhshamoo:

I think I have heard of someone not knowing about an eptopic until around 5 months. I could be wrong though.

Danielle
ICAN
supporter, Cesarean Mother, Natural Birth Advocate, Breastfeeding, Attachment
Parenting, Baby wearing, Selectively Vaccinating, Pro Choice, Gay Marriage Supporting, Doula, Aspiring Midwife, Blogging
, Loud Mouth, Bitch, Democrat, Stay At Home Mom, Reformed Mormon, Chiropractic Care for Children Supporting, VBAC Supporting, Home Birth Supporting, Radical Mother of Two amazing little boys. Camden Kent and Benjamin Emil

joannarenay
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

You would find out fairly early.  As the baby grows it would be painful, since the fallopian tube does not stretch like the uterus.  There would be pain and bleeding and eventually rupture if there is no intervention.  I am not positive, but I would say definitely by 12 weeks, you would know if the baby was growing in your fallopian tubes.

RileysMomma628
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

By 5 months the fallopian tube would have burst, and they would be dead.

Quoting jdhshamoo:

You took the words right out of my mouth.. usually around 7 or 8 weeks your tube bursts

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)