Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glucose test...gestational diabetes HELP!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

I had my glucose test yesterday and got the results back this morning.  I got a 162.  My doctor said that the normal range is 110-140.  Now I have to do the 3 hour test.

Has anyone ever had a high number and then passed the 3 hour test?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ReganChris
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

ME!! I bombed the 1 hour with my daughter so bad they weren't going to do the 3 hour and then I passed the 3 hour with flying colors :).  I find out my results today for my 1 hour.

Hrivera5
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

The 1 hour test has a very high rate of false positives!  Stay optimistic that you will pass the 3 hour!  And if you don't, GD is a diet change and extra testing and exercise.  Either way, you will be fine!  Good luck!

rylansmommy4108
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM

and if you do have gd.....JELLO !!! you can eat it till you drop it doesnt effect your blood sugar at all....if you want any tips or any advice on gd....you can message me...I have had it with both my pregnancys

Gecko85
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I hated jello. I had sky high numbers with the one hour test too and normally I eat super healthy anyway, but by the end of my pregnancy I really was craving junk. I found out that I could eat a KF chicken meal grilled, or original with mashed potatoes and green beans, or mac n cheese and green beans and that I could also have a corn dog from sonic and a small tots if one day you start feeling like you really really want some junk (not that you should eat like that every single day). By the way my gestational diabetes went away the second the placenta came out if you are worried about that.

kittin002002
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Yes...the one hour is just a screening.   the three hour is more accurate

HeidiLong07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Thanks ladies for all the input!

mommyhonu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Make sure to take along something to keep you occupied. The lab more then likely won't let you drink any water or walk around. SO take along a book, lap top or anything like that. Also take along a snack, that way once you get the ok to eat or drink something you have it with you. Because you will be hungry after your done testing.

There have been lots of Mommies who failed the 1 hr test and passed the 3 hr test with flying colors. Good Luck and keep us posted.

MaijasMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM

I failed the 1 hr test and passed the 3 hr test. They still recommended that I lay off carbs and of course sugar... The test is brutal though because you have to fast for 12 hours before and you can't eat or drink anything during the 3 hours of testing (except for that nasty sugar drink). So definitely bring something to occupy your mind!

my3kidsrock309
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I just took my 3hr about 2weeks ago. My best advice is eat a well balanced meal the night before the test.I scheduled mine as early as possible so I didnt get the hunger urges. drink some water before the test, nothing else, nothing during because the drink cant be diluted. They had me do a fasting blood work when I got there, then each hour after that they take more.Wait in one area because too much movement can mess with your levels also. Bring something or someone with you too pass the time.Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)