Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is planning a completly natural birth? or has already had one?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 23 Replies

I really would like to find some ladies to talk to about completely natural births. After having some stronger contractions last night I really am starting to get a little nervous about my natural delivery. I would love to hear about other's experiences and I would like to talk about other's birthplans and how they plan to manage pain.

I have a wonderful Doula this pregnancy. I am actually unable to have an epidural this pregnancy like I did with my past two due to complications. I am very happy not to be getting since I planned and very much wanted natural deliveries with my last two. This pregnancy my Doula will be coming to my Mother's house where I plan to labor until its time to drive the hr to the closest hospital for delivery. I make it very easily from 0-7 cm. The problem I had with both previous deliveries was making it from 7-10 cm. So my Doula feels I will have no problem with her help but I am nervous b/c I so badly want to accomplish a completely natural birth. I find the delivery a challenge and I keep telling myself yes its gonna hurt but it won't last forever and then I will have my baby girl.

Anyway I would love to talk to some other Momma's and maybe get some advice on how to successfully survive a natural birth!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
majikalmama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:06 PM
I have had a natural birth with my last pregnancy and I plan to this time also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I had a c-section with my first and a natural birth with my daughter.  Honestly, if I were you I would rent a hotel room to labor at closer to the hospital.  I was fine when I was at home able to walk around and move into whatever position I wanted to but the hour drive to the hospital about killed me.  I had TERRIBLE back labor.  Then once I got to the hospital they wanted me laying down and on monitors and that was so painful as well.  I just wanted to get up and walk around!  Thankfully I was at 7 when I got to the hospital and my daughter was born 1 hour later.  Oh, and hot showers are a life saver!

AMarineLovesMe
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM

DS's birth was planned to be a natural birth, but then I freaked out last minute and decided I wanted drugs lol.  BUTTTTTT they gave me 2 epis and neither took so I still ended up having a natural birth and I am SO SO SOOOOO glad I did.  It wasn't near as bad as everyone I talked to made it out to be, the worst pain of the whole experience was when the doc went to put stitches where I tore.  I have already told my OB that I will be doing another natural birth and I am super excited for it.

Vinsmomma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I would love to have a natural birth this time.. I had a really bad birthing experience with my second.. 

Jess0915
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM

You can definitely do this! And it is sooo awesome you have a Doula!

I am going with natural this time around and I am taking birthing classes, Bradley Method to help me and my husband through.

Having a strong support system is really key. She is your "lifeline" when it comes to handling this naturally. Just try to focus on exactly what you have been: the baby coming and that it is temporary pain.

There are many different positions you can do to help dilate you as well, which I'm sure your Doula will help you with. Has she talked to you about any of them? You really should be practicing now. Squatting is good, hands & knees. Various positions opens up your pelvis and helps things along.

Do you have a birthplan written out? This is so important to make sure you get exactly what you want (and nothing you don't!).

There is a book too, I believe (it's not in front of me ) it's Birth-The bradley method. Helps you work WITH your body during labor.

Anywho, I hope this helps a little, you definitely CAN do this! Set your mind to making this happen and stay positive!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:19 PM

This is what I went through kinda!! I went through about 5 hrs of hard labor naturally. I panicked b/c my Midwife wouldn't let me out of the bed so I begged for the epi. The messed up and gave me a bad spinal and leaked my spinal fluid. It worked for maybe 15 min and wore off and I felt everything again and delivered that way! I loved being able to feel everything during delivery. But I had to lay flat on my back for two days after birth then they did a blood patch to fix there mess up!!

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

DS's birth was planned to be a natural birth, but then I freaked out last minute and decided I wanted drugs lol.  BUTTTTTT they gave me 2 epis and neither took so I still ended up having a natural birth and I am SO SO SOOOOO glad I did.  It wasn't near as bad as everyone I talked to made it out to be, the worst pain of the whole experience was when the doc went to put stitches where I tore.  I have already told my OB that I will be doing another natural birth and I am super excited for it.

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

mrspreggers14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I did my first natural..  And this one Im going to try again for a natural...  And was soo proud of myself!  You can do this.. you were made to do this and you are going to have soo much help with your doula there!

jazzmennjazzyj
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I had all 6 of my children natural. My first 2 were 100 percent natural, my third I had to have labor stoped and then when it was safe for him to come out, I had to have my labor enduced. Man do I regret having it induced. anyhow, other than that and the normal I V to keep my hydrated, he was natural as well. My 4th and 6th were also 100 percent natural but my 5th was like my 3rd. I am planing on 100 percent natural again. I would never get any drugs given to me because it effect us both and I don't want to mess my child's brain up. all I had to do was to concentrate and focuse on positive stuff. I also had a hand to squeez. I also had rub downs amoungst other things from the father. I also had a friend that would talk to me about things and breath with me. I wish you luck.

kittin002002
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM

This is my first and im so looking forward to a natural birth.  I have to go to the hospital because there are no midwives in my area but DH will be my bulldog.  I told him they arent even allowed to put an IV in unless I ok it, along w/ other unnessesary intervintion.  My body is made to do this and the pain wont last long.  Accually one lady that works at the hospital told me some women have worse constipation pain and I know ive had bad constipation.   We can do it Ladies!!! Think positive

CafeMom Tickers
meghs822
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM

i had one with my youngest, not on purpose! as they were coming in to do the epi i said PRESSURE and they all looked at me like i was speaking another language and i said I FEEL PRESSURE.

it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it would be! im the type to build things up in my mind so when they happen im surprised at how easy they are! the worst part was after when they were stitching me up they were trying to numb me down there and i said "its too late!" haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)