• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So according to my family and most strangers. . .vent

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM
  • 58 Replies

Since I have a boy and I'm having a girl I should be done having kids. . .And according to my family I should get "fixed"! I didn't realize that there was a rule that you could only have one kid of each gender. . .They look at me like I'm crazy when I say I want atleast 3 kids. I mean come on people I'm only 21 don't you think that's a little young to be getting "fixed" if you want more kids!?!?!?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Some people need to mind their own businesses esp. when it comes to personal decisions.  Congrats on the girl!

mrspreggers14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I totally agree!!!  I hate when people do that!  If you feel that you are going to want more babies then I wouldnt listen to them..  I cant imagine how it would be a few years down the road and wanting another but having to have surgery to do it..  Stay strong... :)

Mrs.Loeffel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM

if you WANT more kids then don't get fixed. Simple. I'm 21 and pregnant with my LAST!!! I have a girl and this one is a boy; but even if this one was another girl I would STILL be done lol. More power to ya.

XenaBeth
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I don't understand it when someones family says that to them either.

Besides, most doctors wont tie your tubes until you're 25 or have at least 4 kids.

LuluMa27
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM
Its so silly but welcome to the 21st century where people focus more on materialism and monetary wealth then wealth of family. Regardless if you want more kids or not, getting fixed is your personal and private decision.

Advise everyone else to mind their business!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM

You're done having LOs when your done not cuz someone else says so. I have 3 boys and everyone keeps asking when I'm having the girl. Nope I'm done.

Megara
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I get the same thing from strangers.  I'm 28 but still - who says once you get one of each you are done???

Jess0915
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Quoting LuluMa27:

Its so silly but welcome to the 21st century where people focus more on materialism and monetary wealth then wealth of family. Regardless if you want more kids or not, getting fixed is your personal and private decision.

Advise everyone else to mind their business!

I agree! Stand your ground and have all the babies you want! :-)

We're having a bunch (God willing), and if anyone says anything about it they're gonna learn really quick that it's not thier life and they have no VOTE!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
sparklebug86
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM

same here but im 24. My husband is 44 and so we figure its best to stop now.

Quoting Mrs.Loeffel:

if you WANT more kids then don't get fixed. Simple. I'm 21 and pregnant with my LAST!!! I have a girl and this one is a boy; but even if this one was another girl I would STILL be done lol. More power to ya.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

pooh2you_1985
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Whant to really get them next time it comes up on the next go round you are saveing your money for IVF so you all can try for twins or more. lol watch there mouths hit the floor tell hubby to go with it and walk away and leave it at that, I done that to my family so thay would get off my case. It was so funny

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)