Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preterm labor mommas

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

were you able to have a natural birth? or was it different because you were preterm? im talking 32-34 weeks.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yummy_mommy89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:53 PM

BUMP!

C.Gypsy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:53 PM

BUMP!

Tiffers4308
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM

yes i had a natural birth with my first son...i had him at 33 weeks!!!..the only thing different they did for me because i was in preterm labor was give me steroids to make sure his lungs were fully developed an gave me medicine to try an stop my labor but it didnt work. my son had to stay in the nic-u until he was at least 4lbs..he was in there for 14 days!!!

CafeMom Tickers
yummy_mommy89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM

i have had my round of steriod shots im in the hospital on bedrest and procardia. my body is being funky today and they think its a sign that things are gonna happen soon. im 32 weeks in 2 days.

i really want my natural birth. this is my last baby and im gonna be devistated if i dont get it

Quoting Tiffers4308:

yes i had a natural birth with my first son...i had him at 33 weeks!!!..the only thing different they did for me because i was in preterm labor was give me steroids to make sure his lungs were fully developed an gave me medicine to try an stop my labor but it didnt work. my son had to stay in the nic-u until he was at least 4lbs..he was in there for 14 days!!!

kysmom642
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I gave birth at 32 weeks. my water broke. I went in early morning and had her that next morning at 432. i didn't have an epidural and i am not sure what they were giving me in my IV. i wasn't allowed to walk but i ate whatever i wanted. . i got to hold my daughter for a few minutes and not sure how long after that i got to see her.i was very uneducated about preemie births. i was ready to take dd home that day and when they said i couldn't, i freaked out. this was my first experience so not sure how different it is from giving birth at 40 weeks

yummy_mommy89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:05 PM

they told me he will be in the nicu at least 6 weeks. if not less. i was told i can hold him a few minutes IF hes not in distress or anything.

i was told that whatever happens i have to be in the OR when i deliver??

Quoting kysmom642:

I gave birth at 32 weeks. my water broke. I went in early morning and had her that next morning at 432. i didn't have an epidural and i am not sure what they were giving me in my IV. i wasn't allowed to walk but i ate whatever i wanted. . i got to hold my daughter for a few minutes and not sure how long after that i got to see her.i was very uneducated about preemie births. i was ready to take dd home that day and when they said i couldn't, i freaked out. this was my first experience so not sure how different it is from giving birth at 40 weeks

goodson_2008
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I had my son at 30 weeks and was able to do a natural birth.

Tiffers4308
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM

yeah my water broke on april fools day early in the morning an i was put on bedrest until i had him on april 3rd at 5:00am. i wasnt even able to hold my son at allafter i gave birth i had to wait...an i didnt have tobe in the OR when i gave birth eaith so i dont know. this was my first pregnancy so i dont even know how it feels giving birth at 40 weeks it will be a new experiance for me.....but i hope u get ur natural birth!!!good luck!!

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

i have had my round of steriod shots im in the hospital on bedrest and procardia. my body is being funky today and they think its a sign that things are gonna happen soon. im 32 weeks in 2 days.

i really want my natural birth. this is my last baby and im gonna be devistated if i dont get it

Quoting Tiffers4308:

CafeMom Tickers
doulala
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:43 PM

( glad to hear you are still pregnant! )

:-)

severetts
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I had my son at 34 weeks, he was breech. Since he was not head down I had to have a csection. I was not able to hold him until a couple of days later. He stayed in the NICU for 2 weeks. I am also on procardia right now, at 33 weeks. Although it has not stopped all my contractions and makes me feel like crap. What do you think of the procardia?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)