Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this group...

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM
  • 17 Replies

has taught you a lot about pregnancy and delivery? Do you feel like you get adequate support from the women in here?

I can not believe how....ignorant I was on pregnancy and birth and the way things were done!! I feel like I've learned so much about delivery and pregnancy and feel ready for whatever comes my way. I've learned that its OK to question the doctor, to really understand what they are wanting to do to me.

I love the support I get in here : ) Support I get for myself and support that I see others get!! 

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM

yes i have learned a lot from here!

ready_for2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

i havent really learned a lot in here... but thats bc i joined as i was in the middle of my doula training, so i was learning/had already learned pretty much everything i know already.

i have learned a TON from another group though, called Birth Is Normal... its a lot different than this group and not nearly as mainstream (I mainly learned a lot about UC in there, which is something that is not really discussed in here)

but i love this group!! i like trying to share info and help others if possible!

majikalmama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM
And the support is amazing..

Quoting rileysmommy229:

yes i have learned a lot from here!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PieceOfMe3303
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I feel like Ive learned new ways to look at the things I already knew. If that makes sense lol

Photobucket   Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

ccouch24
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Well said momma! I agree 100% I needed the support for sure.

Kelseyciarah
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM

The major thing that I have learned from this group is that no matter what the doctor says, you always have a choice in the matter. This group is one of the very few groups that have offered more support and honest respectful opinions and answers. Though sometimes people in here get snippy, overall its my favorite group to come and visit:)

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM

exactly!! We've had our moments...which is kind of expected with a bunch of pregnant women running around in it (haha), but overall, its super supportive and soooo informative!

I had some issues in the beginning of my pregnancy where I was taking the c-section debates so personally, but I was also kind of early in my pregnancy, so I think a lot was also my hormones...lol. Im glad I've stuck it out and am making friends!

Quoting Kelseyciarah:

The major thing that I have learned from this group is that no matter what the doctor says, you always have a choice in the matter. This group is one of the very few groups that have offered more support and honest respectful opinions and answers. Though sometimes people in here get snippy, overall its my favorite group to come and visit:)

Pregnancy%20ticker

Hrivera5
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I love this group.  It has changed a lot since I first joined (like 3 years ago!)  and I have changed a lot as well.  I learned how I wanted to birth, that I didn't even KNOW I wanted at the time.  I was super mainstream...and just went with everything like "whatever, its good enough"...and I actually learned how NOT to be that way...from a mainstream group LOL...its crazy!  I still understand why people do what they do for pregnancy/labor and birth...because I used to think it was great too...so I don't bash for it...I just get super excited to see the other side and want to help those who WANT to do things differently.  I put out information...but I don't care if someone chooses different than from what I would choose.  If that makes sense.

But I learned that all from this group.

And mostly, I love the fun pictures, belly bumps and what to buy posts and names in this group :)  always has been fun stuff in here!  Sometimes serious...but mostly fun!

catholicmamamia
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Same here. Some of us have a background in pregnancy, birth, parenting education so may not be able to claim we have learned a lot from this group from the educational point of view. It helps a lot to have doulala as a Mod here, very smart move on CM's part! A group I spend a lot of time in as a Mod that is a wonderful resource is Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth

Quoting ready_for2:  i havent really learned a lot in here... but thats bc i joined as i was in the middle of my doula training, so i was learning/had already learned pretty much everything i know already.   

Owner/Moderator of these groups, please feel free to join!

AP MOMS     CRUNCHY    LLLCAFEMOM    BF MOMS    NATURAL PG 

housefullofkidz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM

When I had my 1st it was before Internet was a big deal. I was soooo naive. I wish I had all the info at my fingertips like we do nowdays. now I will hobble off the pedestal with my cane <---- Old lady. LOL!!

and to answer your question, I think this group is full of a wealth of information. I just had my 7th child and I am still learning things from this group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)