Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

delivery bill........

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM
  • 31 Replies

so i just got my bill summary in the mail for what my insurance paid for my delivery. The delivery itself cost 5,122.07 and the nursery also charged my insurance company even though he was only in there to take a bath basically. But the nursery bill was 1,598.82. Now i know why people do home births lol.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               baby boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Leo Harry born 5-13-2010

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM

so your insurance covered everything?? LUCKY!

sparklebug86

oh yes.... very expensive and of course the "nursery bill" covers all the stuff they used to bathe him, the use of the clear box they put him in, any of that good stuff :)

CTRedSoxMom

LOL!  That is about how much the on call OB got for 45 minutes of work (c-section) and I never saw her again...

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM

It is amazing what they charge! 

kltaylor07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM

my hospital bill was $14,000 for a vaginal delivery, w/ epidural, 3 nights in the hospital.  insanity. 

i got a bill from my doctors office for ONE visit that included my blood counts (no ultrasound).  $4,000. 

BabyName Ticker

Realtor/Interior Designer -  Oklahoma City  -  www.KateLadwig.com

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

WTH? THAT  IS OUTRAGEOUS!

Quoting kltaylor07:

my hospital bill was $14,000 for a vaginal delivery, w/ epidural, 3 nights in the hospital.  insanity. 

i got a bill from my doctors office for ONE visit that included my blood counts (no ultrasound).  $4,000. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               baby boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Leo Harry born 5-13-2010

ready_for2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM

i dont know what my bill was, the insurance paid it all and i never got a bill or anything. i had a vaginal delivery in the hospital (induced) and was there for 2 days

this time i really wanted a homebirth with a midwife, but insurance doesnt pay since they arent legal, and the only legal ones are CNMs, which of course just work in hospitals or birth centers!!! grrr the birth laws here suck.

so basically that leaves me with the option of UC (free!) or birth center (ins will pay)... or pay out of pocket for midwife, which i cant afford. hospital it not even an option for me this time, i would not consider it...

Aus
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I want a $1600 bath!! Thats gotta be one heck of a bath. My birth center charges a flat fee of $5500 for all of my prenatal appointments, labor and delivery, and 3 post natal appointments, that also includes a home visit from a nurse three days after we go home. Not to mention any extra support I need in the meantime. My insurance is covering all but about $1700 of it.

kltaylor07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I know it.  I saved the bill for my sons baby book  ha.  I told my dad the amount the other day & he about had a heart attack.  Didn't believe me until I showed him the bill.  He was all "well back in MY day, it was $300!"  lol.  I posted this in my due date group & the amount seemed about the norm for the rest of the group too.  Then those with premies or NICU stays was of course even more. 

I'm in the wrong business!  And thank god I had insurance & wasn't stuck with that bill.

Quoting mommyziegler:

WTH? THAT  IS OUTRAGEOUS!

Quoting kltaylor07:

BabyName Ticker

Realtor/Interior Designer -  Oklahoma City  -  www.KateLadwig.com

rileysmommy229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Quoting ready_for2:

i dont know what my bill was, the insurance paid it all and i never got a bill or anything. i had a vaginal delivery in the hospital (induced) and was there for 2 days

this time i really wanted a homebirth with a midwife, but insurance doesnt pay since they arent legal, and the only legal ones are CNMs, which of course just work in hospitals or birth centers!!! grrr the birth laws here suck.

so basically that leaves me with the option of UC (free!) or birth center (ins will pay)... or pay out of pocket for midwife, which i cant afford. hospital it not even an option for me this time, i would not consider it...

what is UC?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)