Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much weight did you gain? How long did it take you to take it off?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

My last dr appt, my midwife told me I should watch my weight. I have gained a little over 20lbs so far and am at almost 23 weeks.

How much did you gain total? How long did it take for you to take it off?

Should I worry about this weight gain... I don't feel like it is going anywhere but my boobs and of course my belly?! lol.

~Married since 10.17.09~ 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KiddRuby
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM

BUMP!

mrs.phillips123
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM

i gained 60 lbs with my first, it took me around a month to get back to pre baby jeans.

this one ive gained 40 so far and im 32 weeks.

as long as your eating healthy etc then i wouldnt worry. i only eat around 300-500 extra calories more than i do when im not prego and im pretty cautious about what i eat, i just gain alot!

ashley1213
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM
I gained 40 with my daughter and it took a good 5 months to loose!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NordicAngel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I gained 60 with my first and I was in my regular clothes about a month later... although nothing ever fit quite the same again.  I never did lose all the weight before getting pregnant this time and there's 3 years btw pregnancies. :(

I'm 34w right now and have gained 26 so far, so considerably less this time.

SuperMILFof2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:16 PM
With my second I gained 30. Two weeks after birth I could button my prepg jeans. Four months later I had lost the 30 plus almost 10. I breastfed and was constantly stressed thanks to my fiance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carowga3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I gained a lot of weight fast with my first pregnancy and in the end gained a total of 70 lbs. Most of it turned out to be water weight and I wound up with preeclampsia so that explains some of the weight gain, but the rest of it was probably me eating entirely too much. I was always told to watch my sodium intake. I was a nice little 125 lbs and a size 4 before my first. I managed to get myself back down to 140 before my second pregnancy. I gained 18 lbs with that one. (I REALLY watched how much I ate that time!) and again with my third pregnancy I also gained 18 lbs. I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with #4 and hoping to stay under 20 lbs again. And this is my last one so I am hoping to really get back to pre-pregnancy weight after this one.

rileysmommy229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM

i gained 45 w/ my first and it took me a year to lost it all....i gained 27 w/ my second and he is 3 weeks and i am 1lb UNDER pre pregnancy weight...breastfeeding will take the weight off!

cammicane
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I gained around 50 pounds the first time around, and it looks like it'll be the same this time too. Took me a month and a half to drop the 50, but lots was water weight.

mrsniebo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM

This is my first pregnancy, so I can't say how long it'll take to lose the weight. However, at my appointment at 23 weeks, I had gained about 20-22 lbs and the doctor said I was right on track with weight gain. If you eat reasonably healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about weight gain.

CafeMom Tickers
BooBearsMomma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:54 PM

With my son I gained one pound, I'm not overweight at all, so I have no idea how that happened.

So far this time I am 26 weeks and I am at the same weight, but my dr said he would expect to see me start gaining at least a little weight.  He was hoping for 25-30lbs, but now he's saying that 10-15 would be more realisitc.

I forgot to add there was 3 months between the pregnancies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)