Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those considering cloth diapers...

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just wanted to share my experience! I decided that I want to use cloth diapers for the new baby, so I went out and bought 4 different kinds to test out on my toddler to see which ones I liked. I went with covers and prefolds b/c they are the cheapest option.

I bought a Thirsties cover, Flip cover, Happy Heiny cover (which i realize now is actually a pocket), and a Gro Baby. All of them except for the Thirsties came with inserts. And then I went to Walmart and just bought a pack of the cheap prefolds (the ones a lot of peope use for burp rags) for $10.

My favorites and the ones I would suggest are the Thirsties and Flip. This is because if the inside of the cover gets wet/dirty, you can just wipe it since its a type of plastic, and re-use it again. The flip is also one size fits all, so it will fit from birth to potty training. The Happy Heiny and Gro Baby have fabric lining, which means if they get wet you have to wash them and cannot reuse them again. I want to do a little laundry as possible and have to buy the least amount of covers, since they are the expensive part.

and the biggest PLUS ever, is that since I have used them on my toddler (18  months) he has started to pee in the potty!! He can feel when he is wet now, unlike disposables that just soak up the pee, or pull-ups that let your child know its ok to pee in their pants. so he doesnt want to pee in them, and wants to pee in the potty!! it is amazing and is going to help with potty training so much!

just wanted to share in case anyone was thinking about diapers and what kind to use

also we havent had any leaks so far in two weeks :)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
K.a.C.87
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:25 AM

LOVE FLIPS :)

palemoon21
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Awesome!! Thanks!

Ati_13
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:53 AM

I heart Thirsties.  They have the best stuff!

JessicaWelman
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:18 AM

I got thirsties aio and duo diapers for this one and can't wait to try them out. As far as all of the research I have done says thirsties get the best ratings.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 27, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Happy it is going well!  Thanks for sharing!

wildsissy
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM

I bought flip and econobums so I'm glad that you liked the flip!!

chance010507
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM

i love my cloth diapers. i would suggest to you though to buy better prefolds, the wal mart kind are so crummy. i am doing prefolds with thirsties covers for my baby and i have fuzzibunz one size for my son, its really helping with potty training too. Also he was chronically constipated ever since 6 months old and with the cloth it never fails, i put him in one and he goes poo...lol and i know tmi, he seems to be more relaxed in them as well, i love love love them! hope you have a great time with them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)