Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

might be a dumb question.

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
When they monitor you at the hospital and they hook you up to the machine that tells if your having contractions does it count braxton hicks contractions?

I went in today because I wasn't feeling so hot and they said I was having contractions. Granted I have been really crampy lately, but they didn't feel like contractions they didn't hurt at all. My contractions didn't hurt with my second daughter either. Well until they broke my water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Braxton Hicks are contractions....so if they are monitoring contractions then those will show up as well. There's no difference except a name.

HereWeGoAgain9
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Yes, the monitor senses pressure against it, which happens during any kind of tightening of the abdomen/uterus. This is why if it is not placed correctly, or it slips up or down, it may not pick up contractions you know you are having.
preggomama26
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Okay gotcha. Sorry for sounding stupid. I should know these things after having 2 other children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
palemoon21
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:21 AM

Quoting preggomama26:

Okay gotcha. Sorry for sounding stupid. I should know these things after having 2 other children

LOL It happens...I blame my "dumb" questions on preggo brain!!!

(I;m not saying your question was dumb though.....)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)