Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY CAN'T I EAT?!!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

What is wrong with me mamas?!  The morning sickness is over with...but I still can't eat!  I'm sooo hungry but everytime I go to put something in my mouth I feel like I want to throw up...so I just don't eat it...anyone else with this problem?....I'm only 14 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and this has been the worst 14 weeks ever!  Please give me some advice....help me figure out whats wrong! :(

Mandi

Mommy to Savannah (4), Lexi (2), Baby Holt (pregnant) and StepMommy to Brianna (4)

pregnancy due date

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
HereWeGoAgain9
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I've been wondering the same thing for the last 23 weeks :) So far I am down 5 pounds from my starting weight.....I ask the OB every visit, but they don't seem too concerned since my baby is growing appropriately - actually he measures about a week ahead and my uterus in on target. They give me tips like snacking frequently, but regardless, I feel icky. I simply have tried to make the most of anything that goes into my body, and so far, I guess it is working.

chulamami916
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:06 PM
I have the same problems I'm underweight and it seems like I can eat. So I eat only small portions like cinnamon bread and popcorn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I am 21 weeks and I still get really sick. I have hypernemesis though so I don't know when it's going to go away short of giving birth. lol

I hope you ffeel better though, a long as you are gaining weight though I think you should be fine.  

Suri2010
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM

try eating dry toast or crackers

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 27, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Yep, I go through phases of that.  My husband is always trying to force food down me, but sometimes I just have no interest.  I usualy try to eat smaller portions versus nothing at all.

ginger813
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:49 AM

I haven't been able to eat much this pregnancy either. It's not that I'm sick, I just have no appetite. I'm almost 22 weeks, and still haven't gained any weight. It's weird. BTW, I just wanted to say that my oldest DD's name is Savannah too! She'll be 5 next week!

MommieIsSexay
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Wow, Im glad Im not the only one lol.  I have just been worried because I've lost 7 pounds ugh!  Pregnancy is sooooo crazy!  Thanks for the advice ladies! <3

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 27, 2010 at 8:59 AM
I had the opposite problem.. no morning sickness my first trimester, so I've put on 40lbs with 8 weeks left til my due date. If you have a jamba juice or tropical smoothie (something like that) go and get a smoothie, ask for a little extra ice. That's the only thing I can think of! Feel better, hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesaurus
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM

kind of having the same issue so im not much help. I asked my doctor and well im near 35 weeks now so she said its probably baby squishing everything. But just the act of swallowing something feels more like gagging to me...so im having trouble eating too. I really like to chew on ice though lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)