• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had A Little Scare Yesterday

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

Yesterday afternoon my hubby and I had sex for the first time since I found out I was pregnant; I've just been so sick and miserable that I had ZERO interest in that. Once we were finished however, I discovered that I was bleeding bright red blood. I waited about 2 hours to see if it would stop and when it didn't I called the doctor's office. The bleeding was about the flow you would have at the very end of your period so the doctor had me come in that night. They tried to find the heartbeat using the doppler but didn't hear anything (couldn't hear it at my first appt. 2 weeks ago either). The doctor decided to order bloodwork to test my hormone levels and he ordered an ultrasound for this morning. I was a nervous wreck all night and could barely sleep because I was so worried. Thankfully my ultrasound showed a healthy, active, very alive and well 12 week 6 day old baby!!! The hearbeat was 156 bpm and my due date is now Dec. 2nd instead of the 4th. Seeing my little sweetie was so amazing and peaceful! I go back to the docs on Fri for a follow up and he may check my cervix to see if shows any areas of irritation and to find out if we can do the "deed" or if that's off limits for now. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 27, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Happy all is well!  Cute pics!

luvmyairman
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM

So adorable...I am glad the baby is ok.  We couldn't hear my little mans heart beat until 16 weeks.

luvmylife5
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Yeah I love good news that is awesome momma!

tandie1977
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2010 at 7:54 AM

aww i am so happy for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)