• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are YOU prepared?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM
  • 20 Replies

(13 outfits above..3-6 month)

So Im 21 weeks pregnant, and this is my 3rd baby. I tend to go crazy at the end of pregnancy with nesting, and trying to make sure I have everything I need and want  for the baby. Its crazy, I know. But hormones are hormones.

So Ive learned from the past, and have been preparing early, so I hopefully dont go crazy by 9 months pregnant. We have all the big items (crib, carseat, stroller, etc..) and Ive been stock piling diapers. I bought a 29 piece lot off of ebay of newborn and 0-3 month clothes for fall/winter (october baby). Now I just won a lot on ebay for the 3-6 month later winter/early spring wardrobe (see above).

So now I feel a bit better. I wont have to buy anything for her (besides diapers), until next summer....and shes 1/2 a year old....and shes not even born yet. Makes me feel a bit more prepared and less crazy.

So what about you? How far along are you, and do you feel ready for the baby yet?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danielsmommy2b
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM

LOL! This post makes me laugh! I will be 33 weeks on Friday and I am SO NOT PREPARED! We do have our daughter's old crib up (however it was recalled and hubby hasn't put the replacement parts in) & we have the bedding. We have a swing set up and a stroller and carseat. We have 3 newborn outfits and about 6 0/3 month outfits... and that's about it! It's rediculous!!! This is baby #3 and we JUST moved about 2 weeks ago. We aren't have a baby shower either, so I need to get going... SOON!

Good job momma on being prepared!

Oh! I do have ONE pack of newborn diapers... go me!

RutterMama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:50 PM

We are no where near ready! But we have a while yet... only 14 weeks...

babies

I'm a proud breastfeeding (but don't bash those who don't), circumcising for health reasons, pro-CIO, vaccinating, disposable diapering, pro-life, meat and chocolate eating, Southern Christian Mama!

TAPsMom2010
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I am 28 weeks prego w/ my first and I feel like I already have everything I need for  the baby....could use more diapers but I am trying to allow others to buy stuff and i dunno what brand i or the baby will prefer.  :  )

CafeMom Tickers
ArmyWifey4907
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I feel pretty ready.  I'm 34 weeks and a few days.  I just washed all her clothes today and got them hung up/put away.  The nursery is painted/decorated, changing table is stocked with diapers, car seat is ready to go, swing is assembled and ready.

All I have left to do is put the crib together (probably have to buy a new one, I accidentally dropped a piece of DS's old crib and it bent 2 very important bolts..oops) and buy a crib mattress (DS still uses his).  And I just have to wash/sterilize all the bottles/binkies.

pregnancy week by week

Silverkitty
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM

21/22 weeks and I'm not ready at all.  Only have a crib, no mattress and no place to put the crib.

MommyRJ
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM

i am 35 weeks and 100% ready!

i could use more diapers, wipes, bottle liners just to be prepared, or even clothes, but i have more than enough to get us thru.

mrsniebo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM
I'm 25 weeks along with my first baby and feel fairly unprepared at this point still, probably because DH and I haven't bought hardly anything for the baby. My mom found a stroller for us (which we paid her back for) and MIL has gotten us a couple of outfits, I've knitted a few things for Baby, and we retrieved the dresser my grandpa built for me as a child from my parents' house. Most of what we have, however, has come from a friend whose girls have outgrown a high chair and tons of clothes. I'm so lucky to have her in my life! I feel like I've still got so much to do, but still have some time.
CafeMom Tickers
palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I have alot of clothes and a crib, dresser and changing table....other then that I need to get my butt to the store! lol

BooBearsMomma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I would say I'm prepared on all of the "big things" but granted...I just had a baby 9 months ago, so being prepared at 26 weeks with this baby isn't much of an accomplishment!  I do need to get a double stroller, and some more girl clothes, since I have two boys.

klamomma2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I'm 23 wks and I have the crib put up, dresser, and changing table.  When Fed Ex delivered it I couldn't help but put it together.  I have the baby bedding put up, nursery decorated, I have clothes for him from my last child, and we have bought some new, I have a carseat & stroller.   I still have plenty of stuff to buy, but figured I'd wait til I got a little closer.  After I put stuff up I started worrying about it something went wrong.  I need bottles, pacifiers, bath tub, bath stuff.  Atleast all the big expensive stuff is bought.

Kaila happily married to Matt

Proud Mommy to Dallas (3-23-06) & Kayden (10-31-07)

Expecting Michael Teagan Lee 9-18-10

pregnancy due date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)