Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower decorations and stuff

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok where the heck do you find decorations and stuff for a baby shower?  I can't find it anywhere other than the expensive party places.  Am I SOL and gonna have to spend the money there or is there a place I haven't thought of?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yummy_mommy89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM

alot of craft stores.

hobby lobby maybe?

truealaskanmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Yeah I will look at Joanns and michaels never thought of that thanks 

danielsmommy2b
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Dollar Tree! I have seen lots of shower stuff there.... and if it's not exactly what you are looking for, you can get creative with stuff there!

Our party city had LOTS of baby shower clearance yesterday.

Michael's & Hobby Lobby.

Countrygerl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I know this is gonna sound reallllly cheap. But did ya ever think to look in dollar general or the dollar tree? My mom bought all my baby shower decorations at the dollar tree. We bought the inventation, thank you notes, paper plates, cups and streamers. Just about everything.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I live in Alaska we don't have dollar stores mostly because everything here is expensive I am sure, we don't even have dollar menus here at McDonalds and Taco Bell lol.  I wish.  Thanks for the ideas. Keep them coming

palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

What exactly are you looking for? There is alot of baby shower decor and supplies at Michael's, AC Moore and JoAnn Fabrics here.

I'm not sure which stores you have availiable....but you could check some craft stores. Plus most Sunday papers ahve 40-50% off coupons in them for the local craft stores.

yummy_mommy89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM

you can go online at places to.

www.orientaltrading.com

has TONS!!

truealaskanmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Quoting palemoon21:

What exactly are you looking for? There is alot of baby shower decor and supplies at Michael's, AC Moore and JoAnn Fabrics here.

I'm not sure which stores you have availiable....but you could check some craft stores. Plus most Sunday papers ahve 40-50% off coupons in them for the local craft stores.

You know good question.  I don't really know what I want, I have never been to a "real" baby shower with decorations and such before so I am at a loss lol.  

I will take suggestions though.  We do have michaels and joanns here. 

rebel_mommy09
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:58 AM

we did mine from Party City and orientaltrading.com

palemoon21
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Quoting palemoon21:

You know good question.  I don't really know what I want, I have never been to a "real" baby shower with decorations and such before so I am at a loss lol.  

I will take suggestions though.  We do have michaels and joanns here. 

I don't really know of anything else I would use except for balloons, a banner, some confettti/table toppers and then some cool prizes for the guests raffles/games.

That's another thing, there is a website that has a BUNCH of baby shower games on it but it's slipping my mind right now. Maybe you can google it.

Anyway, the plates, cups, napkins, silverware, tablecover doesn't really have to be anythhing specail. I'd just use a solid color that matches the theme I am going for.

Michaels is really good (the one here is anyhow) and you can get really cheap stuff. Also that's one fo the 40% coupon stores we have in the newspaper so check that out if you can. It's worth buying a paper for the coupon when you realize how much more you'll be saving when you purchase your items. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)