Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this be rude?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM
  • 21 Replies

I was thinking today about my baby shower invitations. The only things I really want to receive are clothes from 0-3mths to 12mths, diapers ranging from size newborn-3 and wipers but only sensitive. Would this be rude to put in the invitations? All the big ticket items we are buying ourselves. So this is all I really would like to receive and the things that would be the most help but I am afraid that it will come off rude and snotty.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

You could easily just register and then add the little "cards" or "stickers" in the invites that would let your guests see what you want/need without the rudeness aspect. :) That's what i plan on doing.

teri4lance
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM

jsut register for those things and receive anything anyone gives you graciously.

YouMeAnThree
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Colleen and Waylon are expecting baby number three
Kayli and Alli are the big- sisters -to -be.

The girls have been “showered” with plenty to share,
This is only a "sprinkle" to show that we care

If a gift is something you wish to bring
please remember this one little thing

Mom and dad to-be have so much
But diapers and whips would be the perfect touch

Huggies and Pampers they love a lot
Newborns they have but size 1-4 they do not

Bring more then 100 and we will make you grin
A gift card you could win.

this is how i did my invite to kinda say that we dont need anything big just diapers and what not.. dont know if that helps you or not

expecting babyBaby Number 3 Due October 20thpregnant belly

Jenny301
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Putting a list in the invitations I think is rude, but doing a registry and including that information is not.  People will get what they want regardless.  Most people like to buy clothes.

palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Quoting YouMeAnThree:

The girls have been “showed” with plenty to share,

this is how i did my invite to kinda say that we dont need anything big just diapers and what not.. dont know if that helps you or not

WOW!! That's really really really cool and very creative!!! Way to go!

YouMeAnThree
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Quoting palemoon21:

Quoting YouMeAnThree:

The girls have been “showered” with plenty to share,

WOW!! That's really really really cool and very creative!!! Way to go!

oh thank you :)

expecting babyBaby Number 3 Due October 20thpregnant belly

mom_mom_holly
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM

id just put in there that all that is needed are the listed items.....but put like the heading gift ideias over it.  alot of people do a baby regrastry and add that to the invites....youre just making it easyer on them. lol  so id say no NOT rude.

Miss-Baby-Baker
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I don't see it as being rude about the clothes and diapers. MOST people will buy the baby a few outfits/onesies so it would be nice if what they got him/.her would not ALL be newborn. I had that happen with my son and he outgrew the stuff quickly so it's not even worth buying such tiny outfits.

Mommynwife26
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I do not plan on doing a registry for a numerous reasons but for my own otherwise it would be easier but I just wanna way to put it so its not rude I also kinda plan on putting IF you plan on GIVING a GIFT this is what we would PREFER to receive kinda thing. I will be having a lot of family not going to be able to attend and they are just gonna send stuff but I dont wanna receive two of things that we already bought.

jesselswick
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I don't think it is. A friend did that. She said that anything would be welcomed and greatly appreciated, but what they really could use help with was diapers and wipes.

When we did the baby shower for a friend, we asked that they not buy newborn outfits (it was for twins) and that they get 3 months and up for clothes along with diapers. We did a doubles theme. Of course because it was twins people bought double of everything.

Sounds weird but we designated people to buy matching outfits just so that they weren't over whelmed with EVERYONE getting the same clothes for both girls. We wanted to make sure they were treated individually and not bunched as one. We also designated ourselves (those who hosted) to buy the newborn stuff. We still bought bigger sizes. The girls were preemie but wore newborn from the day they were born to the day they turned 2 weeks. After that they were in bigger sizes so it helped out a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)