• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mucus Plug question(tmi)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

So i'm 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Today when i wiped i had about a quarter size glob on the tissue paper. It was a yellow white color. Is this some of the mucus plug? should it be shedding already? and do i need to call my ob? no cramping, it did not have a red tint, and baby is moving like always.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
doulala
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM

It would be early, but it might be.   Some women do have discharge that is mucousy, though.

mom_mom_holly
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM

there are so many things it could be.  if you had sex it could be some "left over" sperm.  it could just be regular discharge that decided to come out all at once...it is norma;u to have a higher thicker discharg when you are prego.  and it could be some of the plug,... but the plug duz regorow so to speak.  but if it helps you feel better calling the ob then do it.  if i have learnd on ehting form my last pregnacy, it  is better to call and feel stupid when its nothing, than not call and finde out you really should have.  good luck!

HeidiLong07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I had something similar to that early in my pregnancy, and my doctor told me not to worry unless it is red/bloody.

ready_for2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:49 PM

i doubt it this early.

i get discharge like that all the time and im only 14 weeks.

HereWeGoAgain9
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

For me, the mucus plug was VERY obvious... copious, thick and blood tinged. In every account, it proceeded labor by 2 days. Increased vaginal discharge is common at this stage of pregnancy, but if you have any concerns, you may want to call your OB.

Nemhs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Thanks ladies. It was the color that had me concerned. Usually its a clear color. If i have more i'm going to call in the morning.

janalu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I believe the mucus plug is brownish and blood like in color, it's not like mucus from our noses, which is yellow at times, and it shouldn't be coming out now anyway. But you should call your doctor anyway to make sure it isn't something else.As everyone else stated discharge is normal at this stage.You should be fine.

qustnmrk28
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM

it may be some discharge, check with your OB

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)