Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeless and Pregnant

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM
  • 24 Replies

I'm watching Homeless and Pregnant on TLC and this lady is scared she will have her newborn baby taken away from her at the hospital but she and her husband are homeless living in the woods....

Seriously I think her baby should be put in a better home seeing she can't provide for the baby & I think it's selfish of her to be scared they would take her baby when I (if in her situation) would give my baby up for adoption or let a family member take care of him/her until I was stable in my life...

What do you ladies think?

Heather, girlfriend to Adam for 3 years and soon to be mommy to Cameron Douglas Tauer!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaniJones86
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM
keep watchingg:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HannahMayr
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I'm not watching it, but that is so sad. I agree that the poor baby should be put in a stable home. Why is the woman homeless?

cammicane
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I don't think it's selfish of her to be worried. I think it's maternal instinct. I hope she can find some programs that will allow her to keep her baby. Having a child adopted out myself, I can tell you that it's truely traumatizing. I think I'd rather die than ever have another child adopted out.

bakinbuns
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM

i just watched it earlier, and they did get a house and are providing as best they can

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM

yep! Ive seen it too : )

Quoting DaniJones86:

keep watchingg:)

Pregnancy%20ticker

kyisme21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM
my sister just had a baby a week ago and the day before she went into labor, her fiance kicked her out. she lives too far away for me to help but on the first she is driving home to our parents. until then, shes in a shelter. i dont think her baby should be giving up at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherDyan1028
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Ok I just watched the end and they did get a house and he found a part time job...good for them!

mylilprincesses
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM

i have watched it before she gets her other son back and moves into a house and he bf gets job it all works out for them

MotherRachelle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM

When I got pregnant with our daughter we didn't have a place to live. We worked our butts off and got a stable place. We are providing for her and our little girl has everything she needs and wants. In November she's going to be a big sister. It was hard but we made it work. Once our daughter is old enough to remember we will be 100% stable, married, my now fiance will have finished college, he will have a stable "big boy" job, and we will have a house. She isn't going to remember not having her own room, not having brand name clothing, not having all brand new toys, and her parents working hard to make it work. Just because everyone isn't 100% prepared for having a baby doesn't mean they are going to be bad parents. Shoot, if most people waited until they were completely prepared for a baby most wouldn't have one. Also, there is so much help out there for people who honestly need it.

Who am I to judge someone's personal situation? I don't feel at all qualified to make the decision of taking away someone's child unless it's an abusive situation where the child is in danger.

bakinbuns
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM

aw im so sorry for her! im gonna pray for her and baby..... i hope everyhting turns out for her and baby!!

Quoting kyisme21:

my sister just had a baby a week ago and the day before she went into labor, her fiance kicked her out. she lives too far away for me to help but on the first she is driving home to our parents. until then, shes in a shelter. i dont think her baby should be giving up at all.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)