Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy and daughter date lol

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

So my husband is out bear hunting, and me and my 22 month old DD are all alone.  I hate trying to feed just me and her, so I decided we are going to go on a mommy daughter date.  I am taking her to japanese food, and maybe the park after (it is light out forever here).  I think it would be nice.  We spend too much time at home.  Anybody else do dates with their kids?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenieceMojica
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM

i hope u ladies have fun and paint the town red!

palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM

YEAH!!!! I do! My kids love it. They have coined it MDD-Mommy-Daughter-Dates and they write it on the calender when we plan one. Most of the time it's impromptu though. My girls really look forward to it! Such great memories for them.

pooh2you_1985
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM

i have a date once a week with my DD. she picks were we eat and what we do after homework of coruse. and then she spends the night in my bed and watches a movie. we kick her daddy out of the bed ofcoruse lol but he is a good sport

lilmomma_1205
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:37 PM

I do. =) I love my daughter/mommy dates. Hope yall had fun.
When I read the first seven words, all I could think of is this ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIcu6tbEko&feature=related

Jessica Proud Mommy & Wife
Husband Bryan WA 10/28/1005
Daughter Sierra Lorraine BD 12/09/2005
Son Levi Wayne BD 11/20/2007
Expecting
Dakota Lynn EDD 08/2010

Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com

ashleighd1006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Yep just last saturday my DD (3) and I went to see Shrek the 4th and to get ice cream afterwards. On the way home she said " Momma your the best date ever I love you so so so so so so so so much." Made me tear up lol.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM

I really think that I am going to make this a regular thing, and I might suggest daddy take her on dates too, and once DS is born we can do them with him also.  I think it is good to spend one on one time, it reinforces love and bonding.

ashleighd1006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Yeah DF does date nights with DD too. They are going to see MarmaDuke when it comes out and then to Monkey Joes ( moon bounce place). She loves it we've been doing it since she was 6 months old.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

I really think that I am going to make this a regular thing, and I might suggest daddy take her on dates too, and once DS is born we can do them with him also.  I think it is good to spend one on one time, it reinforces love and bonding.

Pregnancy%20ticker

pregnancy week by week

HannahMayr
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM

We have just started doing them. Infact tonight was Daddy/Daughter date night. He took her to see Shrek 4.

rebel_mommy09
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM

awww! How sweet! :)

Mia055
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Oh yeah definitely...i do a lil shopping, me and my son will grab something to eat and bring it to a park...I love it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)