Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will be your beauty routine, if any, before going to the hospital?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM
  • 31 Replies

So as soon as I feel like going to the hospital is about an hour or two away I plan on getting in the shower, shaving, and getting out and drying and curling my hair.  I want to do this bc I have no idea how long I'll be in labor and I want to feel clean and look half way decent for pictures.  I dont plan on doing makeup because I think thats a little overboard, and besides, sweating with makeup on is disgusting to me, and I'll probably have to wash it off anyways if labor is any good length of time.  Does anyone think this is weird? I want the natural look, but not TOO natural, as in dirty with crazy bed hair.  What are your plans?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tys0803
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM

This is sooo funny because I just had this conversation with my husband.  I don't care about makeup or anything, but I do want to shave if it has been more than a couple days since the last time I shaved...I'm trying to shave every other day in case I don't have time...lol..even though my doctor said don't be embarrased I've seen it all

ktok2009
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM

I couldn't have cared less about how I looked while in labor and after the delivery of my daughter.

yummy_mommy89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

to um have a baby. and not care about anything but my baby.

its LABOR. not a beauty contest.

luvmyairman
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM

no plans, but if I hadn't already showered that day yet I would do that.

augustmommy951
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Its not about beauty, its about not feeling disgusting and having greasy hair.  Same thing as wanting to brush your teeth.

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

yummy_mommy89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM

well of corse im gonna shower and such i just see to many moms on here concerned with what they look like (hair, makeup ect)

Quoting augustmommy951:

Its not about beauty, its about not feeling disgusting and having greasy hair.  Same thing as wanting to brush your teeth.

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

HereWeGoAgain9
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Well, twice my water broke and once I was timing contractions and laboring etc at home - that was while pregnant with my twins. In each case I showered, shaved and blow dried my hair. I applied my simple daily routine of make-up, which is hardly anything: a little powder, a little mascara and some lip gloss - I'm addicted to lip gloss and/or chap-stick lol.

That's about it! My last baby, well, the labor was difficult at times, but the delivery was easy. Start to finish was 8 hours. My labor and post delivery pics were natural and beautiful in my opinion. I looked fine - not great - not bad but the whole experience caught on film was incredible!

I remember when I called my husband when my water broke with my first child. He rushed home from work and I was getting into the shower. He was shocked, lol. Yeah, we had time...16.5 hours of labor at the hospital and 3 hours of pushing till DS was born :)

Your plan sounds great to me!! best of luck to you xo

ANandLPsMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I don't wear make up normally, with both of my girls my hair was pulled up into a tight messy bun. With this one, my hair will probably not be long enough, and I'll be covering it anyways with a bandana at minimum.

ETA: as long as I'm not at work I'll shower shave brush my teeth etc.. If I'm here, can't really do much LOL

I'm the best mom I can be. I don't expect you to agree with my parenting choices, lifestyle, or anything I do. I've got two beautiful bi-racial daughters (6/6/04 & 8/29/07) and am expecting an October Pumpkin!

Megara
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM

With my first baby, as soon as I knew I was in labor, I showered, shaved my legs, washed my hair, and then braided it.  I'll do the same this time, I'm very low-maintainance, but I don't want to feel gross if I can't shower for a day or two!

dietienne0210
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM
I'm right there with you honey!!!! I'll be doing the whole shebang! Makeup included!!!

There is nothing wrong at all in wanting to feel clean and put together. Its one less thing u have to worry about. When you're used to looking a certain way its hard to be out of the norm! If others don't like it then screw them!!!! We aren't making them do anything!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)