Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you were in my position??? PLEASE NO BASHING! *UPDATE*!!!!!! wow....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:58 PM
  • 55 Replies

ok so I have been in the hopital for 13 days now.. I went into preterm labor and was admited at 3-4 cm and having constant contractions.. Some that lasted for an hour at a time! and for the rest of the time I am contracting every 5 mins for the last two weeks.. I am on niphedapine(sp?) every 4 hours, My stomach is soo sore I can hardly move.. I have sever pain in my lower back that is almost always present and I can't take much more of this.. I am afraid that If I don't have this baby soon my body won't have the energy to have her.. The contraction pain is almost unbearable already what is going to happen when I go into active labor? So I have been thinking about asking to go off meds and see what happens... I know that i'm only 34 weeks and I know the risks are higher for my baby but I feel my gut instict is telling me she is ok and Is trying like heck to come out. I am physicaly and mentaly drained.. I have a 21 month old at home and its getting harder and harder to find day care for him while my mom works.. SO is long distance truck driver and won't be home for another  9 days home for 3.. so that isn't much help. So this is adding to my  stress.. I know that if they send me home I will go into labor there So do you think it would be bad for me to try and let it come? For my health and the babies? What would you do? I am in need of some serious reasons for why or why not I should do it!  PLEASE NO BASHING!! If you have something mean to say keep it to yourself. I need support right now I am about to loose my mind!!!!

*Ok So I am doing alot better today you all helped alot! THANKS!  So anyway I went in to get an ultrasound for size and fetal age... Well... I'm 34 weeks and 5 days today right... well She is measuring 7 pounds!!!!!!!!!! 7 pounds really??? wow she is soo big for 34 weeks.. I had my son 34w 5d and he was 5lbs 8oz.... WOW!!! And according to the ultrasound I am 36w 1d today!!! So i have to wait for the doctor to come and give me the results.. Not exactly sure what that means.. Do you think they will change my due date? Maybe I won't be in here as long as I thought..?!! Who knows.. But this is great news.. She grew 2 pounds in two weeks.. must have been the steriods... ?!*

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yummy_mommy89
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM

im in the hospital now to on bedrest. im 32 wks friday. i wouldnt do it tho. i took a tour of the nicu and saw babies of different ages in there and it was scary.

GothicMommyToBe
I would try to last atleast to 35wks. Then talk to my doc. If you get the okay then go ahead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yummy_mommy89

and message me if you ever wanna chat. i didnt know what bedrest in the hospital could do to someone emotionally until its happening to me now

HeatherDyan1028
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:03 AM

If I were you I'd ask to be taken off the meds due to how your feeling & your situation with your 21month old but I'd make sure to ask the doctor if he/she thinks everything would turn out fine! Your considered full term at the end of 36 weeks pregnant so I would go ahead and have her. But that's just my opinion :) Good luck mama!

ashwa
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I would try to hold out for another 2 weeks. That's just me though. I'm sorry your having a rough time with your pregnancy. Good luck!!

tys0803
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I think if your doctor says it's ok to have the baby I would just because you never know what all the drugs they have to keep you on could do either...My friend had her son at 35 weeks and 1 day and he spent 1 week in the NICU and was over 5 pounds so it's possible that the baby is ok to be born..I say trust your gut, but I would maybe inquire about an amnio to test for lung function

bopanddomsmom
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:05 AM

i personaly would hold out as long as you could. i know it's rough...with my son i had preterm labor problems starting about 22-23 weeks....that ended up putting me into full blown back labor 3 days before my scheduled c-sect with him and they wouldnt take him out...kept sending me home! (grrrrr) but if you could hold off til 35-36 weeks...would be so much better for baby! but if you dont think you can really take anymore...do what you think you have to do :)  good luck! let me know anytime you wanna talk to someone

Erika2408
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Hang in there I would seriously talk to your doctor about all this as soon as you can. 

Gecko85
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I felt the same you you did in my pregnancy, but do not do it. you could kill your baby.

I am a...

Cloth diapering, Breast Feeding, Selective Vaxxing, Co-sleeping, ERF to the MAX, non-CIO, Wiccan, Gay Rights Supporting, Outdoorsy, Crafty, Animal loving,  Girl Scout Supporting, College Educated, Army Wife, Other culture absorbing, liberal, SAHM, to one beautiful baby girl.

bakinbuns
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:07 AM

im on home bedrest and wanna rip my hair out! i dont know what id do if i went in hospital bed rest i hope it gets better!

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

and message me if you ever wanna chat. i didnt know what bedrest in the hospital could do to someone emotionally until its happening to me now

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)