Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Rash after my c-section. With pictures. Help!! *update pg. 4 of replies*

Posted by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:04 PM
  • 59 Replies

I had a c-section on Thursday, May 27th, and soon after surgery my stomach was so itchy. The nurse told me it was because of the narcotics I got and it was normal. Later that night I asked her to look at it. She was kinda shocked! I have a blistery rash all over my stomach that is cut off in a perfect line. She thought it was an allergic reaction to the tape they put on my stomach to keep the incision area sterile. But it's getting worse! It's spreading on to the tops of my thighs and more onto my back. My stretch marks look the worse. It's awful. What do you think this is?! I'm going to the doctor tomorrow but I'm miserable. I've tried everything.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yummy_mommy89
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:05 PM

omg!!! please call your doc that looks painful!

clovismommy25
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I agree with the nurse, that is how I look if I get tape or a bandaid on me. I am beyond allergic to the sticky stuff and will have a rash like that for weeks!

ryansmommy07
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I would be at emergency or urgent care dont wait !

angel_avalynn
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I feel so sorry for you.  As if having a c-section 4 days ago was bad enough you now have to deal with this rash. I wish I could help you out. I would defiantly call the doctor in the morning.

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 31, 2010 at 8:09 PM

ouch!!

angel_avalynn
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Maybe you were allergic to the iodine they scrub your belly with??

sparklebug86
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM

OMG! I would be very concerned about that! I was thinking it was a line of a rash but that almost covers your whole stomach. Im sorry momma! 

susies3babies
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:11 PM

my mother did not read your reply but looked at these pix from across the room and said OMG ITS FROM THE TAPE .

kricketcarr
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:12 PM

looks like a serious allergic reaction.. let me know what the dr. says, I could not find any info for you on the interent. GOODLUCK!

TTC2Long
by on May. 31, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I have no answers.  Just wanted to say I'm so sorry!  ((hugs!))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)