Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surprise! Baby is the opposite gender!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM
  • 61 Replies

You've gone your entire pregnancy thinking this baby is a specific gender. At the birth, you get a surprise! What would you name them?!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RadMama08
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:16 AM

well... mine is a boy, but if he changed to a girl before birth... since his name is Alexander, I could always change it to Alexandria or go with the girl name I had picked out- Victoria.

Logansmommy1228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I am expecting a girl and if she were to come out a boy we would name him William (liam) Connor. My husband keeps hoping that when the baby is born she will be a boy because we had our ultrasound really early and he keeps thinking they may have been wrong. I hope not because he would have to wear alot of pink cloths :)

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM

We're planning on naming our son Elijah (Eli), but if he turned out to be a girl.. he'd be Lucille (Lucy) Elizabeth!

tclizzle8507
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM

It's a girl right now and her name will be Caelyn Rae. If it ends up being a boy, he will be Blake Avery.

jya1124
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM

First of all, woah I would be so upset! I'm such a planner, and getting everything done (painting, clothes shopping, etc.) all over again would be rough!! We don't know what this baby is yet so we aren't decided on names....I think Stella Rae or Adelyn Olivia for a girl, and Christopher Michael (after my husband) for a boy. I'd just switch to whatever I already had picked.

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:21 AM

well first i would be furious and freak out.

only becuase i got rid of everything boy and bought everything girly and took tags off.

But idk what id name him if she came out a he?!

hotmomma7182006
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM

this happened to my mom she thought she was having another girl and presto I got a little brother they had a back up name just in case though so now I have a little brother brandon and my daughter got the name he was suppose to have Rashonda

Jess0915
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:24 AM

We have a girl, if she magically turned into a boy we would name him William Joseph III, so that one's easy for us, we had our first born son's name picked out since we started dating.lol.

We even have our second son named, Ian Kristopher - after my DH's commander and buddy who were killed while he was on his first deployment.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
hotmomma7182006
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM

me though I have both names picked out and I don't know yet what I'm having so a boy is Travis Mark (middle name most important cause I lost my best friend a few years ago and I want to have his name in my babies name) but if it's a girl it will be Sarah Marie but we are really hoping for a boy where we have 2 girls and 1 boy

allycat82080
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I wouldn't mind really.  I have all of my daughter's clothes from last year when she was born and they are soooo cute.  We are naming our son Austin Jacob but if he turns out to be a girl we'll just go with the girl name we have picked out which is Olivia Snow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)