Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question-3 Hour Glueclose testing

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM
  • 2 Replies

OK I have a question in regards to this dumb test-IMO.  Is it really necessary?  I know the importance of it, but really how is one's body suppose to digest all that sugar crap that they make you drink when you have pretty much cut sugar out of your diet completely?  I'm having a real hard time justifying going back in for this test.  Am I wrong in thinking that or what?  I had the 1 hour testing done on Tuesday and have not been sick nor felt sick through out my whole pregnancy and on Tuesday I felt horrible all day long and ended up with a huge migraine headache by the end of the night because of the amount of sugar that was to be drank.  Am I the only one who thinks that this test is not really necessary?  I'm not stepping on anyone's toes who believes this is the right thing to do, because I understand that complications can come on, but they can come on no matter what you do.  I just think it is a big waste of time!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tlwl72
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:42 AM

At my 32 week appointment I told the mid wife that I would not be taking the 3 hour test. Simply because my numbers from the 1 hour were the same as when I was pregnant with my son and I didn't have GD. So to make her feel better she gave me a blood test that tests my blood sugar. I can't remember what it's called but it came back normal and I didn't have to do the 3 hour! Maybe you can mention that if they give you a hard time. They can't make you do it- it's only a recommendation....

Good luck in whatever you decide

kbaby1624
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM
I never went back for the 3 hr test..I'm too pregnant too fast for that stupid test! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)