Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to be concerned about abdominal pain...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am currently 32 weeks pregnant.  I have a daughter who is 4, and her pregnancy was a piece of cake, nothing as much as a braxton hicks contraction or anything.  This one has been quite a bit different, and while I know it's normal for pregnancies to differ, it worries me.

I've been extremely stressed lately, we're moving next week, I'm in school, my daughter has dance recital things going on, and she's going through rounds of testing to start Kindergarten early, plus yesterday there was a very uneasing stressful situation at my SO's parents house.

Yesterday before the situation, I had been having Braxton Hicks a few times, but a couple times they would be painful.  After the situation, they were more painful (but not regular or timeable or anything).  Then last night, I woke up in the middle of the night, and my lower abdomen, in the pelvic area was crampy - it was a sharp pain.  I did my best to go back to bed.  I woke up this morning, and it was still painful.  It's subsided for now, but I still feel crampy.Had one Braxton Hicks that was painful (not bad pain, but it was sharp pain).  Here in Ohio the nurse line at my docs can't give medial advice without seeing me in person - to get advice over the phone, I have to call my insurance, which is medicaid, so I'd first like to consult you ladies!! Thanks in advance!

Just curious at what point to be concerned and go in to get checked out, and at what point to just not worry.  Again, they're not at all in any regular pattern, and I haven't noticed any blood or anything.  I've also been feeling him move this morning, so I assume that's a good sign.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrs.Evans87
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I'm gona have to say bump on this one. I would say it's just from all the stress and to not worry but stress can be a very bad thing.

kbaby1624
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmom_4b
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:24 AM

stress can cause contractions and preterm labor.  However, I would first start with laying down and drinking a couple of big glasses of water and actually timing pain.  I know you are in pain all of the time but if there is a peak go by that.  If you are still in a great deal of pain, or aren't feeling the baby move after and hour then I would go to the doctor.  I did the preterm labor thing with my ds Gabe and most of it was due to stress. 

Take care of yourself mama.

MyKsMaMa
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Okay, thank you for the advice - I'll just take it easy today, and make note of any braxton hicks just to see if any pattern emerges... it also concerns me because I believe I've been losing small amounts of my mucus plug the past couple days, but I'm aware it can grow back, so just more of me being paranoid :) Thanks for the help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)