Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your real contractions start?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM
  • 8 Replies

When did real contractions start for you? Even if they were sporadic or 30 minutes apart. Im just curious....

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amy31308
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM

36-37 weeks

StephanieB.
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Mine start when labor starts. I don't get false labor. With my 2nd they started anywhere from 5-20 minutes apart and within 4-5 hours they were  at 5-7 minutes apart. Then another 6 hours later they were 4-5 minutes apart and then they jumped to 2 minutes apart right at the end. That lasted for maybe an hourbefore I had my daughter.

Mishel73
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Mine started at 35 weeks, had DD at 37 weeks.

Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:31 AM
10 days before my due date. So 38 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tumamita05
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:34 AM

i wish i could tell u when . i would probably say 10 days b4 i my due date because that night i went into l & d of pain n pain almost dyning . & the nex day i had my son he was 9 days earli . i wish my daughter would come already =] she will be here in 22 days hopefully sooner

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM

was that your first or second child?

Quoting StephanieB.:

Mine start when labor starts. I don't get false labor. With my 2nd they started anywhere from 5-20 minutes apart and within 4-5 hours they were  at 5-7 minutes apart. Then another 6 hours later they were 4-5 minutes apart and then they jumped to 2 minutes apart right at the end. That lasted for maybe an hourbefore I had my daughter.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MomNtheRes
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:02 AM

4 days before I went into labor. I had experienced BH contractions after sex and whatnot, but these were different. My entire stomach tightened up and I would look at it like...WTH?? Happened on and off sporatically, nothing I even bothered timing. The day I actually went into labor my contractions actually started the night before after my husband and I had sex, they kept waking me but I didn't realize what was going on. They gradually got closer together and more intense, until I couldn't function at work anymore and headed to the hospital. 

pixiestix21
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I never really had contractions. My water broke right when I laid down to sleep and I went straight to the hospital. I got the epidural before I was really feeling any contractions and I didn't feel anything for the rest of the labor. My water  broke 11 days before my due date, it was my first baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)