Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Trend carseats

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM
  • 12 Replies

Does anyone use these carseats? Do you recommend them? I've been looking at them and like the designs and they're also cheaper than most of the Graco ones. Thanks in advance!

<br />
<a href=<br />
<br />
<div><a target=Pregnancy%20ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aubB06
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I've never used one...but I just wanted to point out that we have the same due date! LOL

SuperMILFof2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM
I used the grey one with my son. It had an adjustable headrest as the baby grew. I liked it but it was really heavy, the handle seemed really loose when it was locked and the straps weren't long enough and my son barely fit in it at the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mikelas_Mom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM

LOL YEAAAY for a due date buddy!! :D

Quoting aubB06:

I've never used one...but I just wanted to point out that we have the same due date! LOL

Thanks ladies...I had read that some of the reviews said the same thing about how heavy it was and about the handle not locking into place.

<br />
<a href=<br />
<br />
 BabyFruit Ticker
rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I have one...and LOVE it. I dunno about the handle. Mine seems to have the opposite problem..and it locks really tight. Its almost hard to put down or up. Other than that...no complaints. Its really sturdy and feels really safe. And its comfy for the baby too. I LOVE it. Ive had a Graco and Cosco...and this one is by far the best.

Mikelas_Mom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Thank you! Do you like the triangle design on the handle? Is it any heavier than the Graco ones you have had?

Quoting rebecca_bullard:

I have one...and LOVE it. I dunno about the handle. Mine seems to have the opposite problem..and it locks really tight. Its almost hard to put down or up. Other than that...no complaints. Its really sturdy and feels really safe. And its comfy for the baby too. I LOVE it. Ive had a Graco and Cosco...and this one is by far the best.

<br />
<a href=<br />
<br />
 BabyFruit Ticker
MommyRJ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM

last time i check, they were rated #1 for safety for an infant carrier seat.

that was months ago...But YES, i recommend them!!!

I know a few people who have used them and loved them, and i know i wanted one, but when i tried it out they are very heavy on their own- without a baby. so i passed.

But yes, good seat!

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Yes!! from when i tested them out and have carried my friends babies lol....much easier! its easier to prop onto your arm, so is Evenflo( why i love them ithink haha)

i love the graco seats, and they are GREAT seats, but the handles/carrying them bother me, and i know alot of people personally who agree with me.

i would go play with some. target and babies i know for sure have babytrend models.

Quoting Mikelas_Mom:

Thank you! Do you like the triangle design on the handle? Is it any heavier than the Graco ones you have had?

Quoting rebecca_bullard:

Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mr.Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..It's a GIRL!!---> Kamrynn Clare --->Arriving Via Csection June 24th 2010..

jesselswick
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I am getting one. A friend of mine has twins so she got the baby trend double stroller and car seats.She said she read all the reviews too about them being hard to install and being heavy and she was shocked. I help her sometimes and they are not heavy at all. I love them. We are getting the baby trend double stroller/sit and stand convertible and of course you need the car seat.

Mikelas_Mom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I'm going to go to Target asap to check them out. Our nearest Target is almost 2 hours away (boooo) but its a good excuse to go on a shopping trip for the baby lol. Thank you ladies for all the feedback I really appreciate it!!

<br />
<a href=<br />
<br />
 BabyFruit Ticker
shawnalovesdon0
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I looked at the baby trend ones and I really liked them, but in comparison to the graco infant carseat the graco seems to be bigger in the butt part and seems to maybe hold the baby longer in age?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)