Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT-VENT-GRR!! just one more added to the pile *edit*

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

As if I didn't already have enough to deal with!! I'm 6 days away from my due date (she's still breech! I've been doing everything I can think of to get her to turn. nothing!!), I've got 6 people smooshed into my tiny one bedroom apartment (2 more will be added shortley after my baby gets here, bringing the total up to 9 breath human beingings) and now my TOOTH is trying to kill me! I have one hell of a major toothache, and of course no dental! It's a constant pain, will not go away. I even took tylonal for it, and I don't take tylonal unless I'm in PAIN, it did nothing by the way. The pain kept me up all night. I'm so tired and cranky right now! And I'm hungry but I'm afraid to eat because my tooth hurts so bad. Gosh! Couldn't this have waited until AFTER June. Anytime in July would have been so much better...

ok. vent over. thanks for listening. I don't see anything for people to bash, but please don't anyway.

EDIT:

The people are all here for the birth. Only my mother and DH will even be at the hospital. 2 of the current 6 are children. the 2 coming later this month are the MIL and her boyfriend. Everyone lives out of state and DH and I are the only ones here in town. So we are the only place they can stay (and since everyone is here for a month or better it's too expensive to stay in a hotel.)

QUESTION!

Can I even go to the dentist at this point? Is it safe for the baby,like the drugs they would have to give me to pull the tooth or somthing like that? Or pain meds?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SuperMILFof2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM
Wow, that's a lot of people in you personal space! I'd go crazy! Sorry bout your tooth. I feel your pain. I had one break a few months ago while eating an M&M! Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM
I'm stuck on all the people! What is up with that? BTW...aspen dental will pull that tooth for $160 if you just want it gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KendraCay
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM

BUMP!

SuperMILFof2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Local anesthesia is what my ob said was fine for dentristry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM
You can go to the dentist when pregnant. I had to have 5 back teeth pulled due to infection during my second pregnancy. I took one vicodin and was fine. I hate pain meds, so I just took one and it worked great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orange4agua72
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM

I'm sorry mama!!! I really think that tooth is going to have to wait until after the baby is born! Have you tried that numbing sutff? (I HATE IT, but it might work for you) BIG HUGS, just try to hang in there mama, only a little bit of time left!!!!!

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM

1. wow i would go NUTS with everyone heere, i feel your pain tho- Df wants his sister to come stay with us for the summer to "help me". I DONT NEED IT! but i know the frustrated feeling!!!!

2. have you tried orajel or some sensitive toothpaste? usually that all helps- or, and its gross, take a tylenol or even ibprofen and cut it in half and rub it on your tooth and on your gums around the tooth, like i said its gross but it helps!!!

And..yes you can go to the dentist, idk what they can do or will do since your pregnant. But the local drugs they use ARE SAFE because its local it doesnt go thru your system, its just the after drugs.

So try some over the counter things, maybe call a dentist and ask for advice. and wait til after the baby is here- less visits= less money!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)