Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you serious?? I swear he doesn't give a darn!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have a WIC apt this afternoon that is about 30 min away. Then we have to drive another 20-30 min to my 35 wks doc apt! Then to walmart grocery shopping. We will be gone more then likely from like 2:00-6:00 maybe even 7:00. So that will be 4-5 hrs! Now I don't like leaving my kids anywhere but we discussed letting his Mom who hasn't seem them in awhile watch them! Well Hubby called her and she told us to bring the kids to her Mom's house, there Great Grandmother's house! I told Hubby know and he is all pissed off with me.

A Little background the last time I took my kids over there which was back over the winter time, say maybe 4-6 months ago, my baby boy cam back with severly burned knuckles and no one had any idea how it happened. Plus when I showed up and asked Hubby's Grandma where the kids were she didn't know b/c the teenagers took them to the next door neighbors house. Now yes Hubby's Mom is gonna be there but she is more then likely drinking and won't pay them enough attention either. I am just not comfy. I mean Honestly with all this background would you be???

I don't understand why the kids seeing his family is more important then there safety. They aren't carefully watched and I am not ok with that!!!! Am I wrong!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:36 AM

You're not wrong at all. It wouldn't matter it if was my family or his family.. if they aren't adequately watched and I don't feel that they are safe, they wouldn't go. End of story.

tierneyschrader
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM

i say no way you're wrong! after this next wednesday, i'm going PRN (as needed) where i work b//c DH and i work midnights, so on the nights we both work, his mom watches the kids (2 and 4 y/o) and SLEEPS THE WHOLE FREAKIN' TIME!!!!!! no way was i putting up w/ that any longer! the kids were running wild thru the house and doing whatever they pleased while she just slept away in the recliner... so i say he'll get over it, and do what's best for your babies! =]

valrubio
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I absolutely agree with you. I would never leave my kids with anyone one I didn't feel 100% about. Even if they are family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)