Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone lost weight later in pregnancy??

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

For a quick run down I'll be 33 wks on Saturday and as of my 30 wk appointment I had only gained 5lbs. Dr isn't concerned because I'm eating healthier and baby is right on track and growing great. So  I went for my 32 wk appointment yesterday and on the way there I told DH I think I gained a few lbs because I just felt like I did, my stomach is definatly bigger than last time and plus I knew I had eaten more lately and some stuff hasn't been the healthiest. So once they called me back I proudly got up on the scale and she says ok 189.. I said wait... 189?? She said yep looks like you LOST a lb... how the hell did I lose a lb!? So Dr  still said things were fine and she wasn't concerned since I have been eating healthier than pre pregnancy and I'm very active and exercise. But I have gained since about 15wks ...  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megara
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I lost 2-3 lbs in the very last weeks of my pregnancy with my first.  I'm hoping I "top out" soon and then lose a pound or two again with this one.

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM

It's normal. could be water weight or just you feeling like you are eating more because baby is right up there in your intestines. that's normal. as long as you aren't losing gobs of weight, then you are fine.

Invader_Tama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

That happened to me too. 2 appointments ago (29 wks.) I was 162, and at my last one (31 wks) I was at 160. No idea how or why it happened, but my mw wasn't concerned.

Alejandra10
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM

u shouldnt worry as much just make sure u keep eating and taking your vitamins during my second pregnancy i started at 145 and then during the first weeks i lost weight ended up being 135 since i was very nauseous everything i ate came right back out including water at the begining it was very horrible the doctor said it was normal and told me as long as i took the vitamins and was able to keep soemthig nin the baby was gong to take all the nutrients and everything from whats stored  in my body that never really got away my whole pregnancy was very neuseous so at the end of my pregnancy i was only 147 and most of it was gained in the last 3 months i had my son at 38 weeks and he was ver healthy he came out the hospital with me and everything has been awesome just make sure his growing well and as long as the doctor says its ok it  should be

cammicane
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Yep, same thing happened to me. I just got weighed yesterday and weighed 6 pounds less than 2 weeks ago. The Dr. didn't seem too concerned because I'm eating normally and the baby is still growing. Last night I got food poisoning from In & Out and I dropped 5 more pounds. I'm sure that normal eating, lots of fluids, and rest will change that though.

LeilaBeansMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I am still 3 pounds under my starting pre pregnancy weight.  As long as the doctor isn't worried, I'm not!

CheyanneW
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I lost 2lbs from my appt last Weds to this Weds.

mstevens10
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Glad to know I'm not alone!

RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Yeah, Ive had ups and downs...but around 33 or 34 weeks I had lost 2 lbs between appointments. Then from 38 to 39 weeks I lost a pound, too.

Jayzwife
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM
ive only gained 8 lbs my whole preg.i know!at my appt on tues i lost 4 lbs in 1 wk.im 37 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)