Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you didn't want to find out the gender...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

or COULDN'T find out the gender of the baby, how did you do the nursery? Did you wait to actually paint and buy the bedding AFTER baby was born? Or did you just do something neutral and get it over with before baby was born?

I'm just curious because I've had 3 ultrasounds and they could never tell me what I was having! lol. I've got the crib up and getting the changing table today, and I was thinking about waiting to get the bedding and paint after baby is born bc if its a girl, I want the room to be pink and purple and girly!!! not yellow and green lol. And I only have 4 weeks left until my due date!!!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PiccoloMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM

We didnt find out what this baby was because he/she is our last, we did the colors brown, white and green. I made the bed set myself. 

If you want a girly room than I would just wait until the baby is born or buy one of each set and just wait to open them.

Mrs.Loeffel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

i wish i could sew!!!! That would make things easier! I'm very picky about my kid's rooms lol

Quoting PiccoloMama:

We didnt find out what this baby was because he/she is our last, we did the colors brown, white and green. I made the bed set myself. 

If you want a girly room than I would just wait until the baby is born or buy one of each set and just wait to open them.

lorililly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I did not find out what i was having so i just things in neutral..  it was exciting not knowing loved it.. but i did notice you get more stuff at your baby shower if you know the sex of the baby lol..

Des10ed2b
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

i got my daughters bedroom ready before we knew what she was! we painted it a mint green and used a nursery rhyme theme. when we found out that she was a girl we went ahead and got a white crib and i put pink and purple accents all around the room. it was very cute!

i am a proud mommy of 1 ornery 1 year old little boy and one very goofy 4 year old little girl, ive been married for 2 years, together for almost 5. fun loving, eco-friendly, creative,different strokes work for different folks, stay at home and work at home mommy!

http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com     http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I always found out the gender, but here is a bump!

mushmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I'm picking out a crib set for both a girl and a boy.  I may even buy both and return what I don't need.  dd slept in our room in a bassinet for months so having the baby's room ready before isn't necessary for us.  we have/will have enough white t shirts and neutral socks to make it until people rush out and buy us stuff.  if it's a boy, I think he'll survive sleeping in a pink and brown bassinet!

doulala
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM

In my pregnancies I had no ultrasounds.   I didn't do a nursery, either.

;-)

maryo630
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I never did a nursery for my babies. I found out with my last two and they were boys. I'm not finding out this one until born.  I have a couple friends already have clothes ready to give me if it is a girl. I'm set if its a boy.  I will order the crib bedding if it is a girl. I will have the baby in a bassinet for about 5 months, so there is no need to rush.  I can always go shopping after baby is born anyways .

pacificamom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM

bump-i always find out. That's a bummer about the ultrasounds!!! I would go nuts!!

ginger813
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM

We didn't find out with our first two. I picked a neutral theme for the nursery. It was precious moments. I couldn't paint anyway because we rent, so that wasn't an issue. This time we found out (our first boy!), so I'll buy blue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)