Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my house was robbed - UPDATE

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 21 Replies

Seriously.

My hubby called me at work to tell me he's at the police station filling out a report... they luckily caught the guy (with our stuff) - I love our neighbors (i think they called).

My hubby doesn't want me to go to the house before he does a walkthrough with the police because he doesn't want me to get all stressed out.

but I am stressed out.  They took the crib! that we had just put up in the baby's room over the weekend.

so here i sit at my parents house waiting for him to call and tell me I can come home....

crying

UPDATE -

They didn't steal the crib!  phew!!  I guess the police were talking abotu the pictures stored on my digital camera of the crib.  They just took small electronics and rolled coins (seriously?).  And it wasn't my lovely neighbors that called it in either, it was a police man that happened to be sitting a couple houses down saw this guy walking down the street carrying a cooler and a back pack with electronic cords hanging out - I guess they've been tracking him for a while (wanted for 32 break-ins) and someone called the cops on him earlier today for an attempted break-in.

So we will get our stuff back, luckily it was nothing irreplaceable anyway.  My dog is a little traumatized now, but she's already doing better now that we're home with her.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.  Things could've been so much worse.  I'm so thankful they caught him and nothing is completely ruined.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
majikalmama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear that mama. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trish1984
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:34 PM

awe im so sorry to hear that.

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Wow! That is nuts. I wonder why they would steal a crib of all things. CRAZY!

XperfectmommyX
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I am so sorry to heat that.

Brittany.Dann
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

That is so awful! I am so glad they caught the guy and you are getting all of your stuff back! Don't stress, it turned out for the better.

hugs

Invader_Tama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:39 PM

oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry that happened to you! Hopefully they'll get everything squared away before you go home so you won't have to do anything.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Wow, what the hell. I'd be down there ripping someone's head off if they stole my son's crib.

Megara
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Oh no!  That is so horrible - who steals a crib???

Ashpatch
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

omg so sorry mama...im glad u caught they guy and u will egt all yoru stuff back! so dont stress to much just set it all back up again and maybe contact a security place get some extra to ease ur mind.

bump.

kmg0528
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Was your husband able to find out who exactly did this? You said they caught whoever did it, so I was just wondering if it was a guy or girl and it sounds like it had to be a couple of people if they are stealing a crib!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)