Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

loss of appetite?!?!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:16 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok so I am 21weeks and 6days pregnant and I have no appetite. I can go the whole day without eating because since I don't have an appetite I don't remember. Which is sad because I have to get up Nd make my kids food lol. Has this ever happened to any of you ladies. Do you know of any way I can fix this? I have never experienced this with my other pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
majikalmama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Holly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I'm like that when not preggo.. but it seems to be way worse when preggo..  I eat salad and fresh fruits. Also watermelon and jello seems to help me alot be able to at least eat dinner :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Holly Love Proud Mama & Wifey to DS Caleb & DH Dan & Bundle of Joy #2 otw. PRO ISRAEL, IDF, PROUD JEWS, VACCS, C/S, CO-SLEEPING, SPOILING, SHOPPING & NO RULES.

MommaBoop922
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I've never had a big appetite and for a while it was pretty bad during the pregnancy but I just started keeping snacks like popcorn or peanuts around or eating small meals a few times a day to ensure that the baby was getting what she needed and I wouldn't get sick... Maybe set an alarm on your phone or put stickies around reminding you to have a snack or make it a point to sit with your kids and eat at least a bowl of cereal or something small... If all else fails you can turn to meal replacement drinks like ensure but after a while they will get old and they won't be able to give you everything you need.  All a matter of just getting into the habit and Im sure in a few weeks your appetite will come back again.  Good Luck I hope this helps :) 

curveymama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM

that has been happening to me alot lately too.....and then at the end of the day i feel sick since i havent eaten much...it sucks! i just force myself to eat!

Hearts_n_Stars
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:40 PM

mine has to be treated with medicine.. i can still barely look at food, during the day.. try watermelon. i hate everything else, but watermelon right now....

majikalmama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Thanks ladies I will be sure to try these suggestions...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anghanette99
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I am going through the same thing. I do not have much of an appetite and I force myself to eat and that is because my husband stays on my back about feeding his baby, lol. The only thing that I do have a taste for is fruit, especially watermelon ( which I just finished eating a minute ago).

At my last doctor appointment found out that I lost 9 pounds. I go again on Tuesday and I am hoping that I have gained some of that weight back. My nausea that I had at the beginning of the pregnancy has returned and sometimes I just feel so sick. I am 24wks and I hope I get a good appetite soon. Never had this problem before so can not offer any advice on how to fix it but if you find a way, please let me know.

Good luck to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)