Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't find my cervix? What does that mean? need answers asap..PLEASE!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM
  • 16 Replies

I was checked this moring cause of contractions and i was still the same 3-4cm and 75 effaced.. then checked again a few hours later and the doctor couldn't find the cervix? what does that mean? they have NEVER had a problem finding it before? anyone know.. if not please bump!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:18 PM

was the doctor concerned? what did he say about it?

Lullababy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I don't know, bump.

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pnkkittn24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:19 PM

sometimes ur uterus can til up or down making it difficult to locate.

mss119
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM

My only thought is maybe you're completely effaced, so it's not hanging down anymore?  But you'd think a doctor would be familiar with that, so I dunno... bump for you though!

fallenfey22
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM

BUMP!

Jordansmom810
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Quoting rileysmommy229:

HE looked concerned... then he said it could mean i'm in labor. and then he left said he be right back.. the next  thing i know a nurse is putting me on IV and they are bringing me to L&D to be monitored.. its so confusing.. I really want to know whats going on and no one will say.. cuase no one knows.. or they don't want to say?!!

CafeMom Tickers
majikalmama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM

My cervix is really high and practicaly unreachable right now. My Doc and Doula says it really means nothing....I can still dialate and everything. Just my body trying to hold the baby in I guess. My Doula actually is concerned once my cervix drops I have like 0.5 sec to get to the Hospital before I deliver LOL!!! With my last child I didn't dialate until I was in full blown labor for awhile...I guess I get to expect that again. Then things move so quick they barely have time to catch!!

Anyway what did your Doc say about it?

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Your probably just ready to deliver then!! Your cervix probably completly thinned and your probably close to funnly dialated. BE excited...sounds like your baby will be born soon!

Quoting Jordansmom810:

Quoting rileysmommy229:

HE looked concerned... then he said it could mean i'm in labor. and then he left said he be right back.. the next  thing i know a nurse is putting me on IV and they are bringing me to L&D to be monitored.. its so confusing.. I really want to know whats going on and no one will say.. cuase no one knows.. or they don't want to say?!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)