Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ACNE!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am 10 weeks along with my second, and just like the first time around, my acne is just HORRIBLE!!! Is anyone else experiencing thing? I am thinking I should go to a dermatologist, cause I am getting such bad cysts, and the acne is literally covering my face! Thank the Lord for make up, or I would never leave the house! I also got a facial and it barely helped :(

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
toniojr1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Yeah when I was pregnant with my son my face was horrible. But after I had him I ended up trying dove face wash and my face got so clear and its been 2 years now and I still use dove soap on my face the unscented kind. Maybe u could try some type of wash/cleanser for your face
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I had it at the beginning of pregnancy this pregnancy, but it thankfully cleared up.  I just made sure I washed it, and I also switched to mineral makeup which helped.  Here is a bump.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Coating on makeup will only make it worse.. there's really nothing you can do about hormonal acne, except keep your face clean and wait it out. I had it bad the first trimester, but it slowly started to go away.

valrubio
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I don't get it on my face but I do on my back and shoulders during the first trimester. Then it goes away.

HillaryRenee
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Going to a dermatologist won't really help you right now. Acne meds when pregnant are a huge no-no. My acne had finally cleared up from being a teenager and what do yah know I get pregnant and it comes back to bite me in the butt, lol. You just need to get into a routine of exfoliating, toning, and moisturizing... it's pretty much trial and error on what works for you. I use baking soda in my face wash as an exfoliator, tea tree toner from the body shop, and I use a heavier moisturizer from the body shop as well.

RutterMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:10 PM

YES! I am getting it bad too. I get it all over my back too!!! But I am not wasting th emoney on the Dermatologist, I know it will pass.

usafwifenmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I have absolutely horrible acne during pregnancy. I was told that it's just the hormones. I was also told that some of the medicated (not over the counter) creams might be unsafe to use, so  I don't use them. I'm sorry Momma!

JBLC
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Ask your OB to prescribe you Clindamycin Topical Solution . My OB prescribed me that and ir is safe I asked him a million times !!! And it cleared up my HORRID acne with-in 3 days ! Now clear skin. You just dab it on problem areas in the am and pm before bed and Voila~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)