Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

statute of limitations on dna tests in Indiana

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM
  • 2 Replies

does anyone know what the statute of limitations are for dna tests of a newborn when your married and your husband is on the birth certificate? i know when your not married its 60 days even if he signs a paternity affidavit but is it the same or different when your married?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CheyanneW
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Are you trying to prove he is the dad or is not??

• If the mother is married when the child is born, her husband is considered by law to be the father unless a court determines otherwise.
  • If the mother is married at the time of birth or was married at the time of conception, but her husband contends he is not the natural father of the child, paternity will need to be established in court. The court will require a blood test in order to make the determination.
  •  

twobeautys
    by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM

we are still married and were married at both conception and delivery. it IS his son. he asked to be on the birth certificate and asked me to give the baby his last name cuz i never changed mine after we got married. our son is three weeks old now and the divorce isny a surprise cuz we both knew it was gonna happen. but what is a shock is him suddenly denying the baby and demanding a dna test cuz his mom and i were going to have him take one right after the baby was born and he said he didnt need one that it was his son. i just want to know if he has the legal standing to even ask court for one.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)