Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think he's trying to ignore it???

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

Do you think my husband is trying to ignore the fact that we are going to have another baby here in like less than a month?

It's like we have NOTHING done and what we do have done is because I've done it or ordered it. I keep telling him how overwhelmed I am about everything and he just keeps ADDING things to the list to do! Like now he's building our dog a dog house and building his Best Friend a bookshelf instead of just getting him a present for the wedding. I understand he wants the present to be special, but I NEED HELP!!! He volunteered to put lights in at our church this week, so he did that for two whole days striaght and is doing it again next week (Which is fine, it's for church, but MAN.....)

I HONESTLy have been told by the doc to do as LITTLE as possible and my husband keeps telling me not to do stuff, but NOTHING is getting done! I did 5 loads of laundry (up and down 2 sets of stairs everytime), the dishes, put the baby's clothes away, cooked 3 meals, and watched all the kids yesterday.... ALL while he was VOLUNTEERING to do stuff!!!! And I know it doesn't sound like THAT much, but when you're being told to do NOTHING, it IS A LOT!!!

I just don't know what to do anymore....

(Please don't get me wrong, my hubby is WONDERFUL and has good intentions, I just REALLY think he doesn't understand the amount of STUFF we have to do still!!!!!)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GothicMommyToBe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Sounds like he's being lazy. Can your mom or mil help you? Maybe your kids(if they're old enough)?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orange4agua72
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM

The thing is he's NOT being lazy, he's just filling ALL his time with things other thanh HOUSE, wedding, and baby stuff that HAS to be done!!!

My mom won't be here til next week and she has to take care of my grandma most of the time, my MIL is acting CRAZY right now, and the kiddos are all under the age of 5....

It's really just me.....

Quoting GothicMommyToBe:

Sounds like he's being lazy. Can your mom or mil help you? Maybe your kids(if they're old enough)?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
mommytam
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:35 PM

My DH will get a lot done while I am in the hospital. I spend all my time worring before hand that this and that is not done yet. But he will have 3 days to get stuff done and it is amazing at how fast he gets things done once he has his mind on it.

GothicMommyToBe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:35 PM
Oh well hun talk to him about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM

im right there with you.... Everything we have except for the changing table, Ive had to get myself. DH promised the nursery would painted this week. Tomorrow is friday and its still not done. I finally told him today to pick up some of those masks that go over your mouth and nose and ill finish painting it myself.

ilovemykids360
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Is he kinda freakin out about the baby being here soon?  It sounds like he's trying to keep himself busy to keep his mind off it or something.

But you really should just talk to him about it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)