Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you think your husband/SO is going to handle you being in labor?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

How do you think your husband/SO is going to handle you being in labor?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWifey4907
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I'm hoping it'll be just like the first time...When I was in labor with DS, my hubby was so great.  He hated seeing me in pain (what man wants to see his wife in pain though?), and he was the best coach even though we didn't take any classes.  I was so glad he was able to be there with me :)

pregnancy week by week

palemoon21
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM

He'll be my rock. :) We are having a homebirth so he has to be prepared and ready for anything.

kno4eva
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM

The first time my hubby was right there with me the whole time and really supportive. The second time he almost got his balls ripped off because he slept through 99.9 percent of it even when the baby's heart rate dropped and I almost was taken away for a csection. But it came back up just before they were going to take me.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Not well, poor guy. He can't handle seeing me in pain. With our son, I only wanted my husband in the delivery room with me, but the nurses actually asked my mom to stay because they truly thought my husband would pass out. He didn't thankfully.

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM

same here! We took zero classes and I wasnt sure how it was going to be. He was supposed to be by my head but the nurse needed him to hold a leg and he had no choice. I was suprised at how well he did and how supportive he was. I kept telling him I was tired and he kept telling me that I could do it. Having him there was so encouraging .

Quoting ArmyWifey4907:

I'm hoping it'll be just like the first time...When I was in labor with DS, my hubby was so great.  He hated seeing me in pain (what man wants to see his wife in pain though?), and he was the best coach even though we didn't take any classes.  I was so glad he was able to be there with me :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Kelseyciarah
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM

He'll probably freak out.. I ordinarily try to keep it all in... Like when I'm in pain I dont make a big deal about it... But during labor until I get an Epi, I assume I will be screaming and crying my head off like a little baby, so he isnt really used to that. He'll probably end up calling his mom for support or something asking her what the hell hes supposed to do or whatever..  lol we'll see.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Hopefully very well! He's my labor coach!

martat

Mine mostly just holds my hand he has a hard time with me being in pain also but I love the look in his eyes when he gets to hold his little girls for the first time

HillaryRenee

I think he'll be good and really supportive all the way up until the pushing part. I don't think he'll be able to stand watching a baby come out of my vagina, lol.

kivalovesricky

hopefully really well since he wants to deliver the baby this time!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)