Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Double Stroller or Sit and Stand? Help!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hi all! In need of a bit of advice and opinions...

My daughter will be 29 months when this baby is born, I can't decide if I need a double stroller or just a sit and stand. She is pretty well behaved and doesn't tend to run off, but like all kids she has her rebellious moments. Right now I have a Kolcraft Options single stroller, and love it. And I also plan on getting a double jogging, but for shopping trips I will need somewhere for both kiddos to be. Won't she need somewhere to nap if I get a sit and stand? Am I over thinking this?confused

So...with her age, what do you guys think? Double, or sit and stand? Thanks in advance! Saving me a lot of head scratching and nagging my husband for his opinion. 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queenkai
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I opted for the double stroller, just because it seems like the best for allow her to rest if needed and she acts better when she is buckled in.  The sit and stand is a wonderful option for a slightly older child in my opinion and I found a stroller that holds up to 50lbs in the front seat.

olgabillman07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I'm still trying to decide.. I am most likely getting a graco double stroller I found at Sears that I LOVE. Even though DS will be three in September, he is still pretty small, runs off if he has too much freedom and doesn't mind the stroller at all. Plus, its nice to take naps in, or take walks.

Eventually I will get a double jogging stroller as well. They usually have a six month minimum age limit, so I'll just wait until spring of next year.

MummaNik
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM

My son is a little older than your daughter. He'll be 3 when our little girl arrives and right now he never uses a stroller anymore. But I'm worried he'll be upset when his sister gets to use his old strollers and want in. I will be carrying her in a sling a lot so that might help, but there are always times when a stroller is realy helpful! I think if I were in your position I might get a regular double stroller so you don't have to worry about not having a place comfy for her to rest!

nicole4ray
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM

My oldest dd was 28 months when my baby was born and I bought a sit n stand. I love it. My dd is now 3 and loves to walk, but every once in awhile wants to rest her legs. So the sit n stand was the best option for us. Although I will admit there's times she's wanted to sit in the front seat and gets sad that she can't because the baby HAS to be in that one. That's one thing to consider.

chadsmom05
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:37 PM
id go w the double
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Aidans_Mom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Our son will be 29 months when his baby sister is born in Oct and we are buying the Sit N Stand Elite that starts out as a double stroller and then when your oldest is ready you can remove the backseat to use it as a Sit N Stand.

Megara
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM

My daughter is 2 1/2, and I got a side-by-side double, because I didn't want to risk having her complain that she has to stand while brother gets to sit (or the other way around once he gets a little older).  I wanted them both to be able to sit, recline, whatever.  I picked the City Mini Double by Baby Jogger, and I LOVE IT!  Right now our friends are visiting with their 6 month old and we have taken the double everywhere.  It's so easy to manage and the folding is so easy that it is definitely worth every penny.

sassired8
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Who makes this??

Quoting Baby_Aidans_Mom:

Our son will be 29 months when his baby sister is born in Oct and we are buying the Sit N Stand Elite that starts out as a double stroller and then when your oldest is ready you can remove the backseat to use it as a Sit N Stand.

kltaylor07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:28 PM

BOTH! baby trend makes one that converts from double to sit n stand.  our son will be 3, but still likes the stroller sometimes.  i know he won't sit still for a sit n stand yet, so being able to strap him down when we want is a plus.  however, i know he will out grow that & the sit n stand will get more use. 

This is what we're getting :  Baby Trend

BabyName Ticker

Realtor/Interior Designer -  Oklahoma City  -  www.KateLadwig.com

kenzsmama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:28 PM

We have a now 2 week old son and our daughter will be 3 in 3 months, after "test driving" and researching and comparing and pricing we bought the Graco Quattro double stroller and LOVE IT!!!! It's bulky when folded down so if you have a small car I wouldnt suggest it, but that is by far the only flaw my husband and I have found! Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)