Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Five Pounds Too Much?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just got back from my 21 week checkup, and I have gained five pounds this month... after having lost fifteen the first three months of the pregnancy. To recap, I have lost 15, gained 6, and this is too much? I thought it was healthy to gain 25 pounds? What do you ladies think, and what did you gain?

Mrs. Steven James Hubbard

soon to be first time mommy who plans on breastfeeding, circumsizing, and staying at home with her new baby.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bren07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:41 PM

depending on ur starting weight u should gain 20-40lbs..

HillaryRenee
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM

As long as the doctor isn't concerned and you're eating healthy I wouldn't worry about it. I was pissed off when the nurse told me I gained 10 pounds in 1 month... bullshit! I hate how ever doctor's scale is different. I have a scale at home and I've only gained 5 pounds in total.

Mommy_2_Blanton
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM

My weight has been awful, my first visit I didnt gain any weight but then I gained like 8lbs then lost 9 then gained 2 then lost 3 then gained 4 then gaind 1 then lost 5, it has been a weight rollercoaster for me at my 31 week appt I had gained 2lbs and at my 33 week  appt I had lost 1.5lbs. All in all I have gained 12 lbs total and have 5 weeks to go, so I wouldnt worry about it.

niki_hubbard
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:48 PM

the doctor said we would "overlook" it this one time but if i gained five pounds a month again we ill have a problem... that would put me at gaining 21 pounds the whole pregnancy, and being five lbs over my prepreggo weight, with a problem?... i have a friend who has gained 13 in 23 weeks and her doc is happy with it...

Mrs. Steven James Hubbard

soon to be first time mommy who plans on breastfeeding, circumsizing, and staying at home with her new baby.

starrymonkey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I don't think it's too much...

I didn't gain or lose anything in my first trimester - I just stayed right at my average.  I had an appointment yesterday and I've gained 6lbs in 6 weeks.  My doctor is perfectly happy with where I am, and I am too.

I gained a total of 20lbs with DS.  If I gain much more than that I'd be in agonizing pain, because I have arthritis in both of my feet, bad knees, and the beginning stages of arthritis in my hips.  My body seriously cannot handle a ton of extra weight.  I feel every pound I gain, so I have to be careful about it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

pacificamom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM

it does depend on your starting weight I believe.

mikailas_mom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:50 PM

no thats fine, as long as your eating somewhat healthy besides the usual unhealthy cravings! lol i had only gained 8 lbs total up to the 5th month and then all of a sudden i gained 10 lbs the next month. and the doctors didnt say anything because i was still measuring right.im 29 weeks and have gained 21 lbs total.

niki_hubbard
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM

im measuring perfect, according to doc, so im just gonna keep eating when im hungry but maybe have a healthier snack... it seems kinda random to me that losing weight was bad but now so is gaining?

Quoting mikailas_mom:

no thats fine, as long as your eating somewhat healthy besides the usual unhealthy cravings! lol i had only gained 8 lbs total up to the 5th month and then all of a sudden i gained 10 lbs the next month. and the doctors didnt say anything because i was still measuring right.im 29 weeks and have gained 21 lbs total.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)