Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Couldn't Feel Baby Anymore! **UPDATE 6/4** UPDATE #2, 6/6**

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM
  • 22 Replies

She's not an overly active baby anyway, but i've felt her since about 10 weeks, so when i didn't feel much movement over the last day I kindof FREAKED! Got into the OB's this AM for a NST, and things looked ok....but she did have one major deceleration in the 20 mins or so that i was hooked up...they did an u/s and fluids look good, breathing and heart look good...so i go back in tomorrow to do it all again and see what they say....on the downside, a good chunk of my placenta was already calcified.
After eating a PB&J sandwich, drinking some iced tea and a TON of water, i only got about 6 counts in 1.5 hrs last night. Called the on-call and he told me to go get checked....we got hooked up, and the nurse had me lay in a really uncomfortable position...baby was still really "steady" w/o alot of activity for a good 20 mins (about how long i was monitored at the drs yesterday)...the nurse said babies in utero sleep for about 20mins at a time, and baby did wake up and kick a few times...as soon as they let me get into a more comfortable position though, she stopped moving so much, and as of this AM, not much activity again. Can i just "chill" and not worry so much if i can make her wiggle in uncomfortable positions, or should she be active regardless? *BTW, they gave me a kick count sheet, and it SAYS to get comfortable when you're counting!
We had another ultrasound on friday, something called a bio-physical profile...http://www.babycenter.com/0_biophysical-profile_1276703.bc   Chloee got a 10/10, so she looks really good, but she's pretty small-she was 5lbs 5oz. The u/s tech was very firm with me, and said that i am the only one who knows what "normal" is for this baby, and if i think she's not behaving "normally" i am to give them a call or go right back to L&D...i'll call the dr on mon and see if i can get some reassurance...

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheeres
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM

yikes! hope everythings turns out ok!

MooreMom523
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Keep us posted! I hope everything goes ok!

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM

What is placenta calcification?

I hope everything goes well.

ByHimForHim
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I'd say get her out and now!!!

ByHimForHim
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:43 PM

If you don't have one already, go to wal-mart and get one of those heart beat monitors.  I've used mine with all of my babies.  Keep a CLOSE eye on her.  I really would be wanting to go ahead and get her out though.  That is not good at all!

mom_mom_holly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:43 PM

well just keep your fingers crossed.  if something happens they are obveusly doing a good job at keeping an eye on it so they will be abel to catch it in time.  and if you do go into early labor you are ok.  your just shy of 36 weeks, chances are good.  so hang in there (and i know this is a stupbid thing to say) try to stay calm cause the stress will eat you up.

montanacat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

What is placenta calcification?

I hope everything goes well.

it's when the placenta ages (in my case too rapidly) and eventually stops growing in that area...then it stops passing on nutrition...you would normally see it in someone very later on pregnancy or way overdue...i had it w/ my last pregnancy too, but i was high risk and being monitored closely...this is the first time since 19 weeks i've been checked, and they saw it on the u/s, so we have no idea how long it's been going on...lil worried about how small LO might be now-we were only thinking 7lbs to start with!

montanacat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Quoting ByHimForHim:

If you don't have one already, go to wal-mart and get one of those heart beat monitors.  I've used mine with all of my babies.  Keep a CLOSE eye on her.  I really would be wanting to go ahead and get her out though.  That is not good at all!

is this different that a bebe sounds monitor? i know i can't hear a heartbeat on the thing i have...does it tell you BPM, or do you just count

yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

i would go to l&D NOW.

BaByMaMa27
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Yeah if youre placenta is ALREADY doing that, I'd go!

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

i would go to l&D NOW.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)