Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am a mean mom

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
Seriously!!
My 19mo keeps doing the dumbest meanest things, I have a bruise on my face from him throwing a stupid truck at my face, or he is scratching me or slapping me. And no matter my reaction he acts like its the end of the world.

Ugh I have no patience left!

All I do is yell
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
montanacat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:34 PM

i can't stand either of mine these days-12yo has a snotty "know-it-all", "my parents are retarded" attitude, and is meaner than hell to DD...DD is 4 and just a holy terror lately-throwing fits, slamming doors, stomping....i could wring both their necks!!

palemoon21
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Oh you are NOT alone in this!! I have discovered the joy of sending my 9 & 6 year old outside to play!! lol They both drive me bonkers and I yell a hell of alot more then I ever wanted to. Well, I never wanted to yell in the first place but they are so mean to each other and are constantly disobeying me. It sucks. They really like to take advantage of me when I am not feeling well.

*Hugs* The joys of mothrhood.  

mom_mom_holly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:49 PM

my lil girl is 18 1/2 months old and she has been the same way.  she smacks and punches.  she hasnt thrown anything yet, but i wouldnt put it past her.  and if you tell her no, she will cry and scream and throw a fit.  it pisses me off cause everyone is like oh why cant you controll your daughter, but hse has never been like this before, and normaly she is a good girl and listens....now, not so much.  with her though i think its beacuse we have been hanging out at my moms alot, and my lil brother is a JERK!  so im thinking she probley picked up the bad attitude from him.  good luck.

pacificamom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM

oh phew I thought it was just me!!! I love those rascals honestly but especially when i'm expecting---it seems they grow horns!

tys0803
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM

We have tried something that has worked really well...my son is 6 so he's pretty much out of the tantrum stage, but with that age we deal with not telling the truth and not listening, so we started taking a toy away everytime he does something he's not supposed to do.  Then if he goes a day with no problems then he can have a toy back...it has worked really well thus far

StarMommy06
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM

My dd is 4 and some days shes so good, but than there are days like yesterday! OMG she can be so sassy! And she slams her door, wakes up her sister... ugh I hate to yell at her but Ive done it alot sense the baby has been born. 

rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:06 PM

time for timeouts.

his abusive actions should have consequences. And yelling is not a punishment to him. He needs to learn that behavior isnt ok.

1 time a warning. 2 times time out.

rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM

watch supernanny... shes deals with tons of kids way worse. thats what she does. and it works.

starrymonkey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM

What's driving me crazy right now.... we get 2/3 of the way through an episode of Dora, and he insists we either start it over, or put on a new one.  And he'll hand me the remote and repeat over and over again wherever it is they're going in that particular episode.  

I LOVE that he's finally talking - but if I have to hear him say "Gooey Guyser" one more time I'm going to scream!  

But he gets obsessive, so normally by this point in the day my patience is running thin - because I've had him chase me around the house saying "Flowery Garden" or "Rainforest" or wherever the hell Dora is going, for hours, and my nerves are shot.  

Thank goodness bedtime is in twenty minutes.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Yeah we tried timeouts. I keep trying. But I am to the point that I can't even do that because its another worse battle. Ugggh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)