Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your kids call you?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:04 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do they call you mom, mommy, ma ma, ma'am, etc?

Did they ever go through a phase of calling you by your 1st name?

My daughter is 3 and just realized my REAL name isnt mom...and started calling me Rebecca and her dad Chris. Its kinda funny...but I prefer mom.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starrymonkey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM

"Mommy!"

He just started actually saying it on Mother's Day - so even though he's now totally overusing it, it still hasn't lost novelty yet :-)  Even when I'm irritated and he's chasing after me yelling "Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy!" I can't help but smile.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

Sweet_Holly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM

well it varies from Mama to Mommy.. & then there is what DH calls Me - My DS picked it up and now says  Hot Mama or greets Me as that half the day L0L :)

palemoon21
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Mom...mommy and mama. Depends on what they want. lol

serenity1104
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I'm usually called mama or mom.  DH is called dad or daddy.  She did go through a phase though where she too realized we had actual names and she was calling us by our names for a while.  I didn't pay much attention to it, just continued to refer to myself as mom and DH as dad and she stopped calling me by my name in no time.  DH really got bothered by it and would dwell a bit about her calling him by his name; it took a bit longer for him to break her of the habit of calling him by his name...I think because he made a big deal about it.

CafeMom Tickers
Megara
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:10 PM
Katherine calls me Mommy, occasionally Mom, and she calls DH Daddy. When she was about a year she called DH by his first name for a while, until I got in the habit of calling him Daddy too. She calls me Miss Meghan sometimes because that's what all the kids at church call me.
rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Quoting Sweet_Holly:

well it varies from Mama to Mommy.. & then there is what DH calls Me - My DS picked it up and now says  Hot Mama or greets Me as that half the day L0L :)

lol omg thats too funny.

my husband calls me Lady. Like "hey lady!" or "hows it goin lady"

she calls me that too!

rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Yeah my DH has way more of a prob with it too! I dunno why. I just kind of blow it off and let her know she can call me mom. But hes weirded out by it. I remember when I realized my parents had actual names. I think its common....

Quoting serenity1104:

I'm usually called mama or mom.  DH is called dad or daddy.  She did go through a phase though where she too realized we had actual names and she was calling us by our names for a while.  I didn't pay much attention to it, just continued to refer to myself as mom and DH as dad and she stopped calling me by my name in no time.  DH really got bothered by it and would dwell a bit about her calling him by his name; it took a bit longer for him to break her of the habit of calling him by his name...I think because he made a big deal about it.

aubB06
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:13 PM

My kids call me: mom, mommy, and mama....never know which I'm gonna get. lol

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Mommy...they don't know my real name, but they know my husbands.

RutterMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I am Mama and Dad is Daddy. That is the way I like it and want to stay that way. I don't respond if my 3 year old calls me 'mom'.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)