Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me please..minivan mamas

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM
  • 1 Replies

Ok, well right now my SO and I have 2 cars...small cars that fit the 4 of us just fine. NOw that we have another baby on the way, we need to finally upgrade one of our vehicles.

I have finally accepted the fact that I will be a mini-van mama very shortly. lol But here's where I need you ladies assistance........

We have it pretty much narrowed down to 2 vans. Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. I'd like to know what vans you guys would recommend and why. (even if they are not one of my two choices)

Here's what I need:

1) Comfort/lumbar support (seriously...I am disabled due to a bone structure issue amongst other issues with my back and hips so it's VERY painful to sit down and be confined for periods of time)

2) Safety is a MUST.

3) Room for stroller, groceries, things all mom's carry around on a daily basis.

4) Reliabilty and Dependabilty for long term travel and use.

That's basically it...everything else is secondary.

Thanks for all your help in my transition to becoming a minivan mama. lol

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Bren07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM

dont have either of the choices u have listed..i have a 2006 Kia Sedona. i love it.

Quoting palemoon21:

Ok, well right now my SO and I have 2 cars...small cars that fit the 4 of us just fine. NOw that we have another baby on the way, we need to finally upgrade one of our vehicles.

I have finally accepted the fact that I will be a mini-van mama very shortly. lol But here's where I need you ladies assistance........

We have it pretty much narrowed down to 2 vans. Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. I'd like to know what vans you guys would recommend and why. (even if they are not one of my two choices)

Here's what I need:

1) Comfort/lumbar support (seriously...I am disabled due to a bone structure issue amongst other issues with my back and hips so it's VERY painful to sit down and be confined for periods of time)
ours has lumbar support 

2) Safety is a MUST.
everything i can find says it got a 5star safety rating 

3) Room for stroller, groceries, things all mom's carry around on a daily basis.
soo much room for strollers and babies and car seats and everyone and groceries..all the seats can b scooted forward or backwards to make more room either direction..its nice..we can go on vacation take the kids, the stroller, all of our suitcases (inside) and a bunch of toys and an extra person with their stuff and its comfortable for everyone..

4) Reliabilty and Dependabilty for long term travel and use.
well its a 2006, we are not the first owners either so im guessing its a fairly dependable car. we have had it since jan this yr.. 

That's basically it...everything else is secondary.

Thanks for all your help in my transition to becoming a minivan mama. lol

my kids love the dvd player in it. keeps them busy while we go for long trips..the darn thing has held up to 2 or 3 trips to and from New Mexico to Wyoming and back, and the daily commute around the city which can take an hr to go 17miles away..its east to get the kids in and out..they both have big convertible car seats too..ours is older so i bet newer versions are much nicer..lol..
hope u find the right mini van for u! 

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)