Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much water do you drink a day?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm having a heck of a time getting in my 60oz. How do you do it? Or don't you?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GothicMommyToBe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Not has much as I should....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kat789
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM
I carry a 64oz gas station cup with me everywhere LOL I fill it with ice water at least 5-6 times a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

it varies on the day--I always drink fluids (low fat milk, vitamin water, juice) but not 60 ounces of plain water everyday.

fallenfey22
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I'm just thirsty I guess...I drink a ton of water during the day and night. It's the only thing I like besides Dr. Pepper, lol :)

Mia055
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Not enough =(  I know that's bad, i really do try though

Chloe_n_Wyatt
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Since being admitted with low fluid levels 2 weeks ago I've been drinking about 1-2 gallons of water a day, no lie. I have to pee like every 10 mins but it has gotten my fluid levels back up from a 5 to over 13, so he can cook for a few more weeks.
blg5484
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM

i drink out of water bottles i have one with me at all times today i think i may have got dehydrated i had a flat and sat in the heat waiting on DHto come fix it and i had no water i am having a lot of braxton hicks contractions now im trying to rest and drink so i can get it to stop

rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM

i drank so much water while pregnant, because i craved it....i drank probably 80 oz a day

CheyanneW
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I was struggling and carried a huge bottle with me.  But I just discovered that it is much easier to carry, drink and keep count with the small 16oz bottles.  So I have now been getting in my 64 oz's a day which is what my doc says to drink.

To the PP that mentioned 2 gallons a day, have you talked to your doctor about that??  I have read that more than a gallon of water a day can cause you to lose minerals in your body and is bad for you.  More is not always better.

abra
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:12 PM

That was my thought, too. The Mayo clinic states that,

"Although uncommon, it is possible to drink too much water. When your kidneys are unable to excrete the excess water, the electrolyte (mineral) content of the blood is diluted, resulting in low sodium levels in the blood, a condition called hyponatremia. Endurance athletes, such as marathon runners, who drink large amounts of water, are at higher risk of hyponatremia. In general, though, drinking too much water is rare in healthy adults who eat an average American diet."

resource: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283/NSECTIONGROUP=2\

Although we know drinking water is a good thing during pregnancy, the medically recommended amount for pregnant women is 2.3 liters (about 10 cups) during pregnancy and 3.1 liters (13 cups) while breastfeeding. One gallon is 3.78 liters, so one gallon is already more then enough fluid. Over exceeding these amounts could be doing more harm them good.

Quoting CheyanneW:

I was struggling and carried a huge bottle with me.  But I just discovered that it is much easier to carry, drink and keep count with the small 16oz bottles.  So I have now been getting in my 64 oz's a day which is what my doc says to drink.

To the PP that mentioned 2 gallons a day, have you talked to your doctor about that??  I have read that more than a gallon of water a day can cause you to lose minerals in your body and is bad for you.  More is not always better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)