Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FF... Liquid or Powder?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:21 PM
  • 22 Replies

If you are formula feeding or planning to will you use liquid or powder? Why would you use one over the other?

Group admin. Young Old School Momma's
I am a mother to 2 beautiful girls, a angel in heaven, and A little boy coming in July!!!! 

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Liquid is so much more expensive and a pain in the butt to handle.

MomNtheRes

Liquid is MUCH more expensive, but was easier on my daughter's stomach. Mixing the powder ends up with ALOT of bubbles and gave my dd alot of gas so we had to start making bottles in advance and letting them settle until she got a bit older. I'm breastfeeding exclusively this time :)

kmeg1322

I used powder with my first one. Seems like it lasted longer!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM
I didn't even know liquid formula existed! Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlynsmom14
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I used the powder...easier to use and longer experation date...not that it would EVER last til that date LOL

Mia055
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I used the powder kinda after a month and a half of breastfeeding (wish it lasted longer =( 

Oh, just noticed you're due on july 4th?? lol, thats when my son was born in'08 hehe!

RutterMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:28 PM

If I did formula feed I would use powder. Liquid is SO expensive and has to be stored just 'so'.

ready_for2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:30 PM

i am not FF this time, but i did with my son part time till he was 2 1/2 months and then full time after that until 1 year.

i started off with powder. the good thing about powder is you can take some of it dry when you go somewhere and just mix it into the bottle of water when you are ready.

i eventually switched to liquid though, bc it doesnt have bubbles like the powder afer you mix it. the bad thing about it is that it is only good out of the fridge for 2 hours, so if you are going somewhere for a longer period of time, then you have to either buy some powder to take, or take it in a cooler.

Bren07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:32 PM

with my first we only used premixed if we were going on vacation and only for in the car..other wise we used powdered..get more for ur money

pacificamom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)