Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I be close??

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

Yesterday I got my membranes stripped. I've had BH a lot but they weren't timeable. Later that night I decided to start timing them because they seemed pretty consistent. They were 7 minutes apart. Today I timed them this morning, and I am again right now. They're still 7 minutes apart. I've had a couple 5 and 6 but mainly 7. I lost my mucous plug around 3:30-4:00 today. On Wednesday I was only 2.5cm/50%... Any ideas?

CafeMom Tickers

pregnancy week by week

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PiccoloMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Sounds like you could be. I would go for a nice walk and see if that make things get going faster.

doulala
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I don't think there is any way to know anything.

I am around this subject a lot, there is no "Rule" about what X or Y means...

Since you're not even to your EDD yet, it might still be 3 more weeks or so before it is really Time...

Or you might have your baby before morning!

;-P

Good luck!

:-D

Wright68
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM

They seem to be increasing in intensity/harder to breathe/more uncomfortable. And they're definitely like clockwork. Should I be letting the doctor know at a certain point if they stay at 7 min apart in the morning still?

doulala
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Quoting Wright68:

They seem to be increasing in intensity/harder to breathe/more uncomfortable. And they're definitely like clockwork. Should I be letting the doctor know at a certain point if they stay at 7 min apart in the morning still?

If this were me, I would work to be comfy & healthy, trying to get rid of them (on on-going "test" to see if it's "true" labor).
When they are around "4-1-1" I would plan to go in.  (4 min apart/60 seconds long/one hour or so like that)

Have you worked out when to call your doctor (during prenatal appointments)?

Are you planning a natural birth?   Will you have help through labor (doula)?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Wright68
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I guess I was only 2 cm last time. Went into L&D today to be monitored for my blood pressure. They checked me and stripped again. Now I'm 3cm and 75%! Looks like I'll be having a baby this weekend sometime!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!

PiccoloMama
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:40 PM

YAY! I hope you have a great delivery!

Can't wait to see pics!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)