Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The delivery of Georgia Eirianna (pics included)

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM
  • 16 Replies

Post-op consisted of filling out ALOT of paperwork the day before my C-section. That night my grandmother wanted to fix me my last supper as a pregnant mom. She made meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans. Knowing that I wouldn't be allowed to eat anything but clear liquids for the most part of the next day I ate 2 helpings.

My mother-in-law was to spend the night with me and my husband so that we wouldn't have the kids with us at the hospital with the instructions that she wasn't to bring the kids up until AFTER they had eaten when they woke up, no matter what time it was they were to eat first THEN come to the hospital.

Around 3:30 a.m. (a good 5 hours before I was planning on heading out to the hospital) I woke up with contractions that I timed to be about 10 seconds long, 20 minutes apart. At 5:00 a.m. I woke my husband up and told him that we needed to go to the hospital ( I had to be there by 6:00 because my surgery was schedualed for 7:30 a.m.) He got dressed and woke his dad up (who was going to drive us so that the in-laws would have the car and carseats for the kids when they were ready to come to the hospital)

We get to the hospital and I was hooked up to the monitors with the IV line and cathater  placed by the time my mom and brother got there. Since my contractions weren't close enough to warrent meds and my surgery was looking like it was going to be on time (they had told me that if an emergency came in then my C-section would have to be postponed until after the emergency was taken care of) I was able to experience labor again before surgery.

They took me to the operating room, and everyone was so relaxed that I was able to talk and ask them questions that I wasn't able to get with my previous deliveries. My husband was allowed to take pictures when the baby was being pulled out, and after she was born he was allowed to trim her cord.

At 7:42 a.m. Georgia Eirianna was born. The doctors were joking around saying that she wasn't wanting to be born because everytime they got a hold of her she would slip out of their grip. One doctor regarded her birth as "trying to fish for eels" becasue she was so elusive. But she's here, and here's a couple of pics for you guys.

pulling her out

cutting the cord

my 3 babies (she's looking at the tv which was playing nick jr for them)

Georgia Eirianna, our gem of the family

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MummaNik
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM

congrats! She is beautiful!

lilmansmom13
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Congrats!!

munchkin79
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Congrats! Can't wait to hold our little one!!

mrspreggers14
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM

shes beautiful!! congrats!

palemoon21
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM

She's precious mommy!!! :) Congrats and that's a pretty funny story about her evading the drs.

mommytam
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Congrats, I cannot wait to hold my baby girl. 11 weeks to go for me.

__bcnp
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Awww! How Adorable ! Congrats !

sarah969
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:54 PM

My DD name is also Georgia

Quoting MummaNik:

congrats! She is beautiful!

MooreMom523
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM

She is gorgeous!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM

How cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)